NY NYC Crowne Plaza Laguardia

Aprilmay
By Aprilmay,
in

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night only after arriving on a 9:30 pm flight. We phoned the hotel from the courtesy phone at baggage claim, and their shuttle picked us up outside baggage claim in five minutes. Upon arriving at the front desk, I was unusually friendly to the clerk, trying to score a king bed! :) To my surprise, she put us in the Crowne Suite on the hotel's executive level! This included a free continental breakfast the next morning. Priceline was never mentioned.

The room was enormous. There was a separate living room with a couple of sofas, a coffee table, a desk, and TV entertainment center. The bedroom also had a large sitting area, and the bathroom could be accessed by both rooms. The room and furniture definitely showed some age, though. The drain in the shower was broken, and the carpet had some wear. I was still pleased, as this room averages twice the price of a standard room.

The next morning, the gentleman at the front desk called a car for us. The cost is a flat $40 for anyplace in Manhattan.

Overall, we were entirely pleased with this experience. The service was friendly, and the accomodations adequate. Although I would not want to spend a week at the Crowne Plaza Laguardia, it was perfectly fine for our short stay, and the courtesy shuttle is a huge plus.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

Worst PL win ever ! Unbearable filth, wear and age. Blood on blanket, mold in shower, unsavory characters in lobby, late and I mean LATE courtesy car to the airport in the AM, unhooked smoke detector in room, unspecified and unidentified proteins on the wall.... YUCH. Old, worn and not worthy of the money. AVOID at all cost. I saw the largest human being I've ever seen hanging around in our hallway. I'm 6'4" and I felt unsafe.

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed here May 25-29 and had NO issues with the hotel whatsoever. The only "slightly odd" thing was there was no vent in our bathroom, but that was fine, I could deal with that, no problem.

• Was meeting a friend there, my flight was delayed significantly, and so when I called to let them know, I was able to add her name to the reservation so that she could check in without me. No hassle whatsoever.
  • Quick pickup from LGA, courteous driver.
  • Since I got in and settled so late, we stayed in the first night and had dinner at restaurant. Regular NYC sit-down prices, which I could handle. ($15 burger plate and drink, etc)
  • Convenience store was open every time I needed to grab something or get change for the laundry. They had toiletries, snack food, souvenirs, all that good stuff. Excellent since the hotel is removed from corner shops, restaurants, etc, and in a pretty residential area.
  • Hotel staff was great, answered all my questions in a way I understood without any issues, from the phone to in person.
  • Shuttle to the train ran every hour, exactly on the hour. Be there or wait another hour. When returning, took the Q48 (right outside the station steps) back to the block the hotel was on. I wasn't traveling alone, but I'd have felt fine doing that in evening--you only have to walk across the street from the bus and down a nice, quiet street a very short way.
  • Room was very nice. Older, yes, but no problems with linens or anything. Didn't use the TV as my friend and I ended up talking late into nights like teenage girls!
  • Laundry on the 6th floor, did a load for about $4 total using their detergent vending machine. Dryer dried fast, only took about 2 hours total -- that was great because I had to stay a few days longer than intended at another location, where laundry was $10.
  • Ate again, Sunday, at the lounge. Full menu, great place to chat. Yes, we talked a lot!

Got my room for $75 on Priceline, about $98 per night after "taxes and fees." Could NOT have asked for better. So pleased!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]