Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Algonquin Marriott

Aw Lee
By Aw Lee,
in

Feb 17 for $110

Feb 18 for $89

Listed as 4* for Times Square. Reviews don't seem to agree that it's a 4* property. Will 17 year old son be comfy with mom in one room? Biggest on-line complaint is that the rooms are SMALL! Anybody want to advise on discount theatre tickets, e.g. for Wicked?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Did you purchase this by bidding or did you know the name of the hotel beforehand?

If bidding by 'name your own price' did you make two separate purchases, or did you win one nite and then try to use the 'extend your nite' feature?

Also, you've listed this as being in the Times Square zone but this property is in PRICELINE's 'name your own price' Midtown West zone... if you bid, do you recall adding this zone at some point in time during the bidding process?

Indeed, the rooms here are small, as are many NYC properties (especially the older/historic ones)... perhaps you can inquire at check-in if any upgrades are available (either complimentary or for a nominal fee)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Feb 17 for $110

Feb 18 for $89

Listed as 4* for Times Square. Reviews don't seem to agree that it's a 4* property. Will 17 year old son be comfy with mom in one room? Biggest on-line complaint is that the rooms are SMALL! Anybody want to advise on discount theatre tickets, e.g. for Wicked?

The best place for discount theatre tickets is at the TKTS booth in Times Square. You can buy tickets for most shows at up to 50% off on the day of the show. If you want to buy discount tickets ahead of time, my suggestion is to join the the Playbill.com Club, where they offer discount codes for many shows.

I would not count on finding any "Wicked" discount tickets anywhere. That show rarely ever offers discount tickets, unless on the odd occasion at TKTS where it shows up on the board 10 minutes before curtain, and you can sprint to the theatre in time after you get the tickets. My advice is if you don't want to pay for a full price ticket, you take your chances at the $25 lottery draw that happens two hours before curtain at the box office. You get the chance of buying two tickets for one of the first two rows. We won it the last time we were in New York, and it was fantastic. That said, it is one of the few shows I would have no issue paying full price for either.

Proud to be Canadian!

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty much enjoyed the location of this property. I'm not too keen on the stuffiness nor the quaint style but it definitely worked. Hotel staff was kind enough to give us a king bed though we were reminded that with Priceline we were only entitled to a full bed. Was close to Time Square.

Ended up seeing and loving Memphis. Went to TKTS booth and this show only had a 30% discount but we enjoyed our $93 orchestra tickets anyhow.

Feb 17 for $110

Feb 18 for $89

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]