Priceline Hotel: Need help for Venetian 6/12-6/16

jsals20
By jsals20,
in

I am new to this board and have taken everyone's advice on trying the Venetian at $99 for these dates and I am getting rejected. I have tried splitting the dates and still no luck. Should I wait until i get closer to the date and try again? Also read somewhere that The Westin is another 5* hotel that priceline is using. Is this true? I would hate to think I am going to stay at the V and get Westin. Is the Westin even on the strip? Thanks for all of your help.

I have an answer for you. I wanted Venetian either on June 12 or June 14, I bit on 14 for $99, rejected but offered for $144, bit on 12 for $99, accepted. Hotwire offers 12 for $114, 12~16 for $154. I think best you can do to get Venetian is bit 12 for $99 and other 3 nights for max. $144 ($140 might be acceptable but not sure).

Hi Jsals,

First you have no worries about the Westin, it was 4* and now is downgraded to 3*.

Regarding the Venetian, their own website has Sun 12 at $169 and Mon 13, Tues 14, Wed 15 all at $179 (Thur 16 is back down to $169).

Rainarainar has established that Priceline has inventory, so it should just be a question of striking the right price. Based on the prices above and the counter reported I would bid Sunday 12 alone at $99. If that is successful start a new bid for Mon through Weds at $111 and if no joy use free rebids to edge up to $121. I would not bid more than that.

Final thought, I am assuming you have a firm grasp of free rebids. If not read and re-read the FAQ until you do.

Good luck, :) Pirate

First, thanks for everyones help as I am new to this. Has this ever happened to you? I bid 102.00 for 5* 6-12/6-16. I was rejected however Priceline came back and said they had a 5* for 135.00. Does this happen often? I think I am just going to wait ahwile and keep trying to get a little bit lower price.

this is called a counter offer, but you will usually get your bid accepted if you go to $135. If you feel like rolling the dice, you can increase your bid from $102, but run the risk of not winning this property if you run out of rebidding zones before you reach the minumum price that PL is willing to accept for a 5* property. What are the dates of travel and your maximum budget per night? Here is rebidding explained:

Rebidding Explained

I'd bid a little differently than mentioned above, but before i do, you're check-in is on the 6/12 and check-out is on 6/16? (a little confused because the above post mentioned rates on the nite of the 16th... not sure if that was just additional info or needed for your stay).

Could you bid as high as $125 (or would you go higher than that if necessary)?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]