Priceline Hotel: London Next Week 5/8-5/14 - Need Help

rmich315
By rmich315,
in

Hi all,

I need some guidance... I would like to try for a 5* hotel in the Mayfair/Soho or Bloomsbury areas. I'm willing to go as high as $220 a night. Any tips or thoughts on how I should go about this? I know- it's so last minute :)

Also, I'm travelling with my cousin of the opposite sex and would like to have two beds in the room. I know that there is no guarantee and I'd have to contact the hotel directly (after the bid is accepted), but does anyone have any experience trying to do that?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As far as requesting two beds, if that is a 'standard' room at the hotel won they will usually try to accomodate your request.

At the 5* level you have five re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Mayfair...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use our links to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* Mayfair and re-bid zone4...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and use our links to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* Mayfair and re-bid zone5...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $210, if rejected close browser and use our links to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* Mayfair and re-bid zone4 and re-bid zone5...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $230

I went up to $230 as there was recently a win at this price and also had a few extra re-bid zone to use, but if you don't want to bid this high you can stop at $220.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The most common recent 5* hotel is the Sofitel St. James. I remembered someone posting about difficulty with twin rooms at 5* London hotels (although not this one in particular), so I looked it up. It looks like at the Sofitel you can get a one-bed room, or a room with something called two "zip-beds". If these are what I think they are, it's two separate beds zipped together, so still not comfortable for a non-couple.

You can look that up yourself and decide, but I think 4* might be a better choice in this instance. I've never had problems getting two twin beds when I needed them in London - but with 3* or 4* hotels.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]