Hotwire Hotel: Need help IDing this San Rafael hotel

horse glasses
By horse glasses,
in

So the only San Rafael hotel listed on the list is the Embassy Suites, but the amenities don't match either of my choices on Hotwire. The two I got are:

3* - $86

Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Laundry, Internet

2.5* - $75

Suite, Breakfast, Pool, Kitchenette

I am pretty sure the 3* HAS to be the Sheraton - it matches everything they have on their site. And it doesn't say suite so it can't be the Embassy Suites, right? And ES would have a breakfast also. I don't think ES would be down to a 2.5, so that's probably the Extended Stay?

Sheraton would be ok, though I'd prefer ES. Anyone want to weigh in?

I couldn't find a match for those icons in vacation packages.

The 2.5* isn't the Extended Stay America though because ExtStay doesn't have breakfast.

The 3* could be the Sheraton or the Embassy Suites with new icons. No suite or beakfast icon doesn't mean those amenities aren't at the hotel. The hotels choose which amenities they want to advertise and sometimes they omit amenities on purpose.

If you buy something please use the HOTWIRE link and let us know what you get.

I never like to say "there's no chance" when I'm not firsthand familiar with the area, which I'm not in this case.

Just surveying Expedia and Orbitz I don't see anything else that looks likely in San Rafael. But I won't say it's not possible something new could appear.

The Embassy Suites are $194 and Sheraton is $135. I suspect the Hotwire 3* is the Sheraton, but no guarantee.

Within the same quality level and zone---3* in San Rafael in this case---HOTWIRE will only display one hotel at a time, namely the one with the lowest HOTWIRE rate.

If the 3* at $86 is the Sheraton Four Points then ES won't show up on HOTWIRE unless ES lowers their rate below $86 or the Four Points sells out their HOTWIRE allotment.

If ES was 3.5* and SFP 3* then they both could display on HOTWIRE at the same time.

Maybe this will help. I stayed at the Embassy Suites in San Rafael 7/17-18/2007:

3*: Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Laundry

The other 3* is Four Points by Sheraton:

3*: Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Laundry. Internet

The 2.5* is Extended Stay Deluxe:

2.5*: Suite, Breakfast, Pool, Kitchenette

I

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]