Priceline Hotel: 2* San Diego (Sorrento Mesa) Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley

cianciolo
By cianciolo,
in

This property has not yet been identified, if i were to take a guess, i would think that the Days Inn or Americas Best Value Inn and Suites could be a possibility, but don't have a high degree of confidence in that guess.

If you do purchase it please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases and be sure to let us know what you end up with so we can add it to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Let us know how it goes or whatever you end up doing for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Holiday Inn does have all those amenities... the 2.5* rating would be low for this brand, although there are some HI's that HOTWIRE rates at this star level. Perhaps that is it?

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know what you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oh ok, you had written Howard Johnson in your original note not Holiday Inn. That is what confused me.

The Holiday Express though does not fall within the Hotwire National City zone. It is too far south to be in that zone. I will do some more research see if I can figure it out. Thanks

Concerning the 3* in Chula Vista I have decided not to book that one since for a 3* I was hoping to be something better than the Days Inn or Americas Best Value Inn. I will look in another area.

The 2.5* in National City is most likely the Holiday Inn which I read on trip advisor is not that good of a hotel so I decided not to book this one either.

Thanks for the information

This will be my last requests sorry for the multiple requests but I have a hard time finding a reasonable hotel in the San Diego area.

2* Carlsbad - Encinitas, July 6-10, $69

Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Laundry

2.5* Carlsbad - Encinitas, July 6-10, $72

Near Beach, Pool, Restaurant

Those hotels haven't been identified. The 2* could be the Days Inn Encinitas. The Days Inn currently shows as a 2.5* in the Hotwire Hotel List but it could have been downgraded to 2*, as the Days Inn website doesn't mention a restaurant and "restaurant" was one of the icons when it was last reported as a 2.5*.

I just reread this thread from the start and the hotels you're looking at are scattered all over the map---from San Ysidro to Carlsbad is about 50 miles. I don't get any sense what it is you're looking for in a hotel. Are you trying to be in some area of the county? Near the beach but it doesn't matter where? Trying to beat a certain price and location doesn't matter?

If you can provide some sense of what you're looking for maybe someone can provide more concrete suggestions.

The Days Inn was just reported on June 6th and it did not have restaurant, instead it had complimentary breakfast, so I am wondering if it is another hotel in the area. I am hesitant to go for a 2 star without knowing exactly though because they can be a little less consistent than higher star hotels.

I have been looking all over the San Diego area trying to find something cheaper then what I have reserved that I can cancel which is the Old Town Inn which is 116 a night. I do not mind being 20 miles from San Diego that is why I have looked all the way from Encinitas to San Ysidro.

I did book a hotel finally through Priceline based on a price given in the Priceline area. It is a 2 star Holiday Inn Express in Sorrento Mesa Vally area for $70, 4 nights, July 6-10. Thanks for all the help in this process.

Congratulations on your success... glad to see you found something that satisified both your needs and budget.

Do you recall of $70 was your first bid in the Sorrento Mesa zone at the 2* level? (if not, do you remember the amount of your previously rejected bid at the 2* level which included this zone)

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]