Hotwire Hotel: 3* New York City (Theater District - Midtown West) Fairfield Inn and Suites New York Manhattan / Central Park

beldwell
By beldwell,
in

Hello!!  I'm flying in from LGA on one of the last flights of the day on 5/3.  I'd like to find a hotel that is centralized and close to subway lines.  I do have shows on two nights in Theater District, but I'm not too worried about being close to that area. 

I've found the following deals, and I was hoping for input on the hotels they could possibly be or or if you see a hotel in another zones you think are more attractive.  I'm truly open for anything.  I'd like to stay under $225 a night.

3* Theater District/Midtown West ($173) - FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access

3 1/2* Empire State Building ($177) - FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

3* Theater District/Midtown West ($178) - Free breakfast, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Business center, Internet access

4* Theater District/Midtown West ($195) - Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

I used the Bidding Helper for the amenities list, and I'll use your links to book!!

Thanks in advance!!

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Chicago Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above listing.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'm very familiar with NYC, so other than subway access, what other criteria are you looking for in a hotel... good reviews, highest star rating, least expensive, best value, etc?

Other than the Theater District (which you say you don't need to stay near) what other areas do you think you will typically spend your time in the city?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I promised my husband that I wouldn't make him stay near Times Square, so that area is out.  We've now added a 3rd show in the Theater District since my post yesterday.  I'd say good reviews are my top priority then value.  As for daytime plans, we're going to go to the Bronx one day and hang out in Central Park if the weather is good.  

Any thoughts on these HOTWIRE offers:

4* Midtown East for $203.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess would be the Club Quarters Grand Central

4.5* Midtown East for $214.00
Pet Friendly
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> InterContinental New York Barclay would be my guess for this one (which has received very good reviews since their recent renovation)

Are any of the above HOTWIRE properties of interested... i think the InterContinental Barclay would work out nicely for your needs.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I've just now gotten back to this hotel search!!  I'm seeing the following hotel as Times Square Midtown West 3 star for $106/night.  It's amenity list is Free breakfast, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access.  In your opinion, what hotel do you think this could be?

For this 3* HOTWIRE Theater District - Midtown West for $102.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess would be the Fairfield Inn and Suites New York Manhattan / Central Park

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]