England London Le Meridien Mayfair

pirate
By pirate,
in

Stayed here a few weeks ago, noticed there was no review of the hotel on this site so here goes.

Stayed 12/27/04 for 2 nights. Check in was efficient, with no mention of Priceline. Asked for a non-smoking king, which was no problem.

Room was average size for an old building in London (i.e. smallish by US standards), nicely furnished and clean. The window was small and looked out onto a courtyard, so the room was a little dark, its late December in London! Bathroom was small, but clean and everything worked. Really hot water at good pressure, silent flushing loo, and Hermes soaps etc. Bed turned down each night, my wife's nightdress laid out, background music and bedside lamps turned on.

We didn't use the restaurant facilities. The bar was cosy, with excellent barmaid, but prices were high (2 G&T's, 2 small beers

• 7 months later...

I am just winding up a 5 day stay (Sept 14-19, 2005) at Le Meridien Piccadilly. I booked on Hotwire getting a very favourable rate of $181 per day for a 4.5 star hotel, including all taxes and Hotwire Fees. Tips were also part of the offer but something got screwed up on the Hotwire end, and we are still having this discussion (so I tipped the staff separately). The lowest rate on the hotel website for this period was GBP276.

I had room 505. Check-in was fast and friendly. No upgrades were available as the hotel was fully booked for Fashion Week. The room was ready at the advertised time (2 p.m.). It was comfortably large for a solo traveller - twin-bedded and very quiet even though it was at the front of the hotel overlooking Piccadilly. Lots of light. Comfortable sitting area (tho chairs and carpet had a couple of spots), large TV, good bathroom with a couple of cosy robes. super bedlinen and a comfortable mattress. All my advance requests had been honoured including non-feather bedding, non-smoking, and reservations at a couple of top restaurants. The toiletries supplied were adequate. Housekeeping was good and the turndown service quite elegant as pirate has reported previously. The Times was left on my door every weekday. Room service was prompt. Concierge, reception, bellmen and doormen were helpful, even solicitous. I liked the Burlington Bar although it was smoky. Didn't try the restaurant.

The location was super - steps away from the royal Academy, Green Park, Leicester Square, Covent Garden, Theatre Land. Easy walks to Trafalgar Square, South Bank, British Museum.

There's a Starbucks half a block away as you exit the hotel towards Piccadilly Circus, and a good cheap internet service in the bottom of the Burger King on Piccadilly.

Very happy with everything, really

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]