Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown South) Renaissance

Yonson
By Yonson,
in

Looking for a little help regarding a hotel identification in the Downtown Toronto West area.

Stay is for May long weekend, May 21 - 24th, 2010 (wanting to book soon though).

4-star hotel listed with the following amenities:

Boutique Hotel

Weight Room

Pool

Restaurant(s)

Business Center Access

High-Speed Internet Access

Price given is $89.00 per room, per night. Request was for 2 rooms, 3 nights, 3 guests per room.

Please reply if you know what hotel this is...

Also,

Looking for help identifying a hotel through Hotwire in the Downtown Toronto East area.

Same Stay, May long weekend, May 21 - 24th, 2010.

4-star hotel listed with the following amenities listed in order of appearance:

Fitness Centre

Restaurant(s)

Business Center Access

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa

Recommended 75%

Price given is also $89.00 per room, per night. Request still for 2 rooms, 3 nights, 3 guests per room.

Please reply if you know what hotel this is..

Welcome to BetterBidding!

4* West DT

I'm sorry to say that a 4* property with this amenitie combo has not yet been reported/ID'd to the board. But i would like to add that looking at the ratings and the reviews is this property a home run when it comes to quality.

4* East DT

This is a match for previous reports of Sutton Place Hotel so that would be my best guess.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancell your trip, etc.

4* West DT

I'm sorry to say that a 4* property with this amenitie combo has not yet been reported/ID'd to the board. But i would like to add that looking at the ratings and the reviews is this property a home run when it comes to quality.

It's likely that this hotel has been reported here before with a different set of amenities, given that Hotwire has collected over 500 reviews for it. My best guess is that this is the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville in a new guise (at 208 rooms, I think it's small enough by downtown Toronto standards to be considered boutique).

Unfortunately, these guesses aren't going to help you for this trip. If you select more than one room in your search, you must enter the total number of adults/children staying in these rooms. The hotels that came up when I tried the search for 2 rooms/6 adults/0 children were different.

I think the error in finding out which one of the hotels is could be the fact that I wrote 3 guests per room, which isn't how Hotwire is configured. If 6 people are staying total, then the criteria listed should be 2 rooms, 6 guests, 3 nights.

I notice a large price jump when searching Toronto Downtown Hotels from 2 rooms, 4 guests ---> 2 rooms, 6 guests. Most options jump from $89.00 to $124.00.

This is trip is centered around a Stagette weekend (flying in), so we're trying to cut costs and be central to be inclusive.

Question: If the objectvies of booking are mainly to be central in downtwon Toronto (close proximity to nightlife) and have the amenities of a pool and fitness center), would I be best to search for 3*, 3.5*, or 4* Hotels?

Obviously it would be fun to be able to snag the best deal possible, i.e. downtown Sheraton, Westin Harbour Castle, the Grand, etc. I am familiar w/ Toronto, but unsure what star rating the type of hotels I'm looking for are assigned (Hotwire, Priceline).

You can find the list of HOTWIRE hotels in Toronto that have been reported to the board here: Hotwire Hotel List Canada. Hotels that are optimally located in the main Toronto zones are likely at varying star levels.

The jump in price is likely due to an extra person fee beyond 2 in the room and/or different hotel/s showing.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

You can find the list of HOTWIRE hotels in Toronto that have been reported to the board here: Hotwire Hotel List Canada. Hotels that are optimally located in the main Toronto zones are likely at varying star levels.

The jump in price is likely due to an extra person fee beyond 2 in the room and/or different hotel/s showing.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Can't you just put the search in for two people and when you book through hotwire they give you a two doubled bed hotel room and just tell your extra friends to show up at the hotel after you are booked in....like having some in-town guests visiting you.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for all your insight and help, but alas the search continues...

Latest possibilities include

A.) 4* Downtown Toronto West area hotel for $79.00 from May 21-24.

Ammenities include:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High Speed Internet

Customer Review is 75%

B.) 4* Downtown Toronto East area hotel for $86.00 from May 21-24.

Ammenities include:

Same as above except w/ Bed choice and SPA

Customer Review is 90%

Any ideas as to which hotels these are?

Please list the amenities associated with each hotel... don't list the second property as "same as the first but this also but not that" as it becomes too difficult to follow and is more prone to mistakes (the 4* Downtown East property appearing on my HOTWIRE search for your dates is NOT exactly the same as the West property except for the addition of a Spa and Bed Choice icon)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To clarify, the other option in full is as follows:

4* Downtown Toronto East area hotel for $86.00 per/night from May 21-24.

Ammenities include (in order of appearance):

Bed Choice

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High Speed Interent Access

Spa

Customer Review is 90%

The Downtown West property matches previous reports for the Renaissance while the Downtown East property matches the Westin Harbour Castle... that would be my best guess for each.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I appreciate the ongoing help, and will be needing to book this weekend.

I'm trying to secure the Sheraton Center as a first choice for needed location...

Please ID this hotel

4* Downtown Toronto West area Hotel for $83.00/night.

Amenities: Bed Choice, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High Speed Internet Access.

Customer Satisfaction is 4.5.

This Toronto West property matches multiple properties... the Hilton, Hyatt, InterContinental on Front, Renaissance and Sheraton have all been reported with this amenity combination, so any of these would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

jaredg,

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of it when searching the topic titles of the board and the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Enjoy your stay.

After much HOTWIRE contemplation, actually opted for securing our hotel for May long weekend (May 21-24, 2010) through Priceline.

Used PRICELINE link off of Betterbidding.com

Able to secure 4* Renaissance Hotel in Downtown South area for $70.00/night.

First time winning a bid through PRICELINE...kind of invigorating.

Thank you so much to all the responses to my past thread by the veterans at betterbidding.com. It was very helpful in making an informed decision for accomodation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]