Priceline Hotel: Resort Santa Ana Pueblo

singingchef
By singingchef,
in

Am trying for the Hyatt Regency Tamaya, though I know I can get "Any", I am reasonably certain this is the only one in the area and am attending an event there on these dates, so worth the "risk" this time. I first confirmed that no other zones in the area have a resort property and used your link.

No luck so far.

Here's what I've tried:

(4/16/10-4/19/10) Santa Ana Pueblo area $50...Declined

added Rio Rancho $55...Declined

added Midtown-Uptown $60...Declined

added Downtown Albuquerque $65...Declined

added Bernalillo $70...Declined

added Albuquerque West $75...Declined

added Albuquerque North $80...Declined

Changed dates to 4/16/10-4/18/10 and decided that I could stay in a hotel closer to the airport on Sunday since I fly out early the next morning bid $90...Declined

continuing with shortened dates added Albuquerque East $95...Declined

added ABQ airport $100...Declined

Not quite sure what I'm going to decide from here. Trying to keep from going over 250 total bid for the three days combined. Staying in a cheaper spot near the airport for the last night would help offset the higher cost of the first two, but not enough if I'm going over $100/nt on the first two nights. Not much available over a 2* in the other zones close by (Rio Rancho or Bernalillo) and don't want to stay too far from the event. I know the resort still has rooms for these dates, because it came up on both hotwire and the vacation side of Priceline. Price history here shows anything between $75 to $155 for people who have won this hotel in the past, was hoping I could come in on the low end. Will update when I decide and will use your link when I purchase ;>)

Thanx for using boards PRICELINE link :)

Best rate on the Hyatt site is $249. If they have any PRICELINE rooms would bidding in the $50 range just a waste of times and bids. And since they hosting an event would i asume that they have a fair amount of rooms booked already.

What is your max/night for this stay?

Yellowdog.

PS. Please follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. Had to go ahead and book so that I could make the rest of my plans. Had some Priceline Bonus cash on offer so ended up using it and booking a vacation package as it was a much better deal this time than purchasing flight, car and hotel separately. Did not get the Tamaya, but was able to select a lesser rated nearby hotel that will work fine for the needs of this trip. Really couldn't go higher than $250 total for the hotel portion of the trip, so was already at my maximum bid. I didn't consider it a waste to start so low as I had so many rebid options to use and wouldn't have gone higher than $100/nt for multiple nights this time around anyway. I know what the hotel retails for, but have stayed in a Hyatt Regency elsewhere before on a $45/nt bid, so as "wishful thinking" it was worth the gamble. Just didn't pay off this time.

I actually tried again a couple of times over the last few days for just the one night of the event. The deal I got for the whole trip ($425 after bonus) was good enough that it gave me a little leeway and so I tried going a little higher. Went up to $135 with no luck. Oh well, will try again next time.

Thanks for the advice!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]