Priceline Hotel: London Bidding Help

wireprice
By wireprice,
in

Hi,

I'm new to priceline, but I understood the whole system and I love it :)

We need a hotel in London from 5/11/10 - 5/14/10 (3 nights). But the problem is we are 3 people.

The hotel should be central and "cheap". I don't know if I should book 2 rooms, or check the triple rooms on hotwire (which are damn expensive).

So, is it possible to stay 3 nights for around 400$? I know that the hotels in London are quite bad, so I don't think 3* hotels would fit...

What should I do?

Thanks,

wp

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

PRICELINE only guarantee a room for two adults. That could mean one bed. Is this a risk you're willling to take? or do want to bid for two rooms?

If you go with HOTWIRE can you search for a room that guarantees a room for 3 guests.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

PRICELINE only guarantee a room for two adults. That could mean one bed. Is this a risk you're willling to take? or do want to bid for two rooms?

I don't think that the hotel would let 3 ppl go into one doublebed room...

So I want to bid for two rooms. Any Idea in which steps should I bid?

If you go with HOTWIRE can you search for a room that guarantees a room for 3 guests.

Yeah, I tried it, and got just really expensive rooms. :/

Let us know how we can help you further.

Is the price of 400$ realistic? And in which steps should I bid?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Sure, I think its only fair when you helping me that I have to use your link helping you :)

Thanks,

wp

These zones would be nice to save some tube travel time and money:

- Mayfair - Soho

- Bloomsbury - Marble Arch

- Westminster

These are OK:

- Notting Hill - Bayswater

- The City and London Bridge

This one too, but I dont like the south area of this zone :/ There is no tube...

- Kensington - Earls Court - Knightsbridge

Thanks very much,

wp

I have to ask you. Are really willing to stay in 2* hotel in Bayswater, Soho etc? I'm a positive guy but the hotels are dumps! And trust me when i say dumps.

I think you should do some research about the reported hotel for the zones before you start bidding. You budgett is not realistic for a decent hotel in the Center parts of London this time.

Yellowdog.

I have to ask you. Are really willing to stay in 2* hotel in Bayswater, Soho etc? I'm a positive guy but the hotels are dumps! And trust me when i say dumps.

I think you should do some research about the reported hotel for the zones before you start bidding. You budgett is not realistic for a decent hotel in the Center parts of London this time.

Yellowdog.

Yeah, I heard that the hotels in London are bad. I was last year in a 3* Hotel which had the standard of a 1,5* hotel...

Okay, which budget would be realistic for a 4* in those areas?

(Or, let me say, I found (in a normal way) a travelodge for about 400$ (triple room). Is there a chance to get something better (for about 100$ more?))

Thanks,

wp

Do you mean 2 PRICELINE 4* rooms?

Let's do this the other way. How much is you max budgett/night and room for a 3* and 4* on PRICELINE?

Yellowdog.

Okay, there are Travelodge family rooms (3 Beds), which cost 400$ for our whole stay. That means 130$ per Room (actually one) per Night. If one compares it with a 2-Room solution it costs 65$ per "Room" per Bed.

Now, I want to spent some more money, about 80$ per Room per Night. Do I have some chances to get 2 rooms better than travelodge?

I dont know if a 3* hotel is good enough in London. Travelodge is better than a 3* hotel there, or am I wrong?

So, 80$ per Room per Night for a 4*... Possible?

Thanks,

wp

Travelodge is better than a 3* hotel there, or am I wrong?

I have no clue about Travelodge.

80$ per Room per Night for a 4*... Possible?

My guess would be $120-$135/room/night + tax and fee for your 3 first preferrd zones.

And with some luck maybe $90-$105 for a 3* room/night + tax and fee for your 3 first preferrd zones.

Yellowdog.

Which Travelodge are you looking at? There are only a couple that I consider to be in convenient locations, and a few more that would be tolerable in terms of location.

Keep in mind some typical restrictions with Travelodge: they either do not store luggage or charge to do so, they will not allow early check-ins. I would try to find out what the deal is with the Travelodge in question.

As for the quality of the Travelodge, I wouldn't expect 3* quality, but check the reviews on www.tripadvisor.com as they do differ.

I would expect 3 adults to find a Travelodge room to be a very tight squeeze.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]