Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando (Airport MCO) Hyatt

KenD
By KenD,
in

The only 4* hotels in Orlando-MCO are the Hyatt Regency and the Marriot Renaissance. The pinned list indicates that they will show the same amenities. I'm seeing a $59 rate for a 4* in this zone on Hotwire, but I want to wind up at the Hyatt, which is the only hotel in the zone located in the terminal. Anything I can do to help nail this down? As a side bar, my father got a $42 room at the Hyatt last month w/ Priceline. I'd like to go that route, but the Hyatt is 3.5* on the pinned list for Priceline and I think there are maybe four hotels in the class/zone, so I think I'd diminish my chances even more of getting the hotel I want. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

My travel date is 4/20-4/21 and I'll book 4 rooms.

Regards,

Ken

What are the amenities that you are seeing with the HOTWIRE listing? If there have been two hotels reported in a zone with the same amenities and the same star rating, the only way to tell them apart is if there is a tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page (if the two hotels have two different ratings). That isn't 100% guaranteed, but the best way to narrow down two hotels that have been reported on HOTWIRE with the same amenities in the same zone/star rating.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

That's the kind of suggestion I was looking for! So Hotwire says it's a 4.5* on Trip Advisor and that it's recommended in 90% of reviews. Hyatt Regency shows up on TA as 4.5* with a 94% recommendation rating vs. Renaissance which has 4* and 70% recommended. You liking the Hyatt? One more nugget: Hotwire says there are over 500 customer reviews and TA shows 201 for Hyatt and 74 for Renaissance.

Hey Yellowdog - thanks for reply and the clarification on the Hotwire % of reviewers. So it sounds like the only extra nugget of info here is Hotwire's reported TA rating compared the actual rating on TA for those hotels, right? In this case, they are different: Hyatt Regency is 4.5* on TA and Mariott Renaissance is 4* on TA. Hotwire reports that the $59 hotel is 4.5*, obviously pointing to Hyatt. Does that tend to be pretty reliable "extra clue?"

I don't know if an administrator needs to do this, but I can't find an option to edit my original post. I booked by hotel (and linked through this site... thank you).

4* Orlando (Airport MCO) Hyatt Regency

$59 ... 4/20/10-4/21/10 (4 rooms)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]