Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Maui (Kaanapali-Lahaina) Royal Lahaina Resort

shirlthegirl
By shirlthegirl,
in

I just used the PRICELINE link on Better Bidding and bid on Kaanapali - Lahaina resort. Bid $105. After reading other posts was hoping to be able to increase my bid and get the Hyatt. My first bid was accepted for the Royal Lahaina resort. I have to say I am disappointed and wish I had spent more time reviewing how this site works and asking for advice. :)

So bummed I didn't do my homework!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding :)

I'm sorry to see that you're disapointed with the outcome. Yes, it's difficult to overlook everything when you're new at this. So feel free to ask for help at anytime.

We hope you get a nice stay after all.

Can you also please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Yellowdog.

After spending some time looking at the hotel website, I am not quite as disappointed. It's a nice hotel and will work nicely for our family. I guess I just wasn't expecting that hotel to pop up under resorts since it was listed on BB as a 3.5* property. Now I wish I had started with a lower bid. :)

Hotel stay is 5/18-5/25/10.

I most definitely checked the "Resort" box...the 3.5* and resort boxes are not even next to each other on the list. I called Priceline and they sent me the contract - I did not pay attention to description at the top and it showed I was bidding on 3.5* properties...so I have no idea what happened. Priceline was very generous and said they would cancel my reservation and refund all but one night's fees ($121). If I bid again and I'm successful, they will refund the $121 less a $25 change fee. I think this is more than generous of them given that I should have paid more attention to the contract I was signing. So, now I am going to bid this evening on a resort. Any tips for starting price?

On a previous thread, someone suggested starting bidding for a resort in the Ka'anapali-Lahaina area at $125 and then bidding in $5 increments. Since The Whaler is listed on Priceline at $180 my husband thinks it's a no-brainer that we would get The Whaler rather than one of the other 4 resorts that we would prefer. Any thoughts? Are there any tips for getting a hotel you would prefer, or all just luck? We have a 3-year old and would love to get the Westin Maui or the Hyatt for the pools....

shirlthegirl

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same dates. We will edit the topic later.

Well, i thought something was wrong here. Good to see that everything worked out ok for you with PRICELINE.

Since The Whaler is listed on Priceline at $180 my husband thinks it's a no-brainer that we would get The Whaler rather than one of the other 4 resorts that we would prefer. Any thoughts?

This isn't for sure. It might be that you get the Whaler but you need to accept any Resort when bidding for that rating. I can't answer how likely it is that you maybe will get Westin Maui or the Hyatt. This is the problem with PRICELINE. Is there any other wins reported for your dates or close by?

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

I am trying to look at the calendar for wins and not having any success even though wins are listed. Instructions say:

3) Click any Calendar Date Box to see wins reported for that day

4) Click a Link in the pop-up window to be taken to the post for that win

When I click the calendar date box, I only get a link in the pop-up window for the last day in the date range, even though wins are listed on all the other days in the date range. Help!

Note:

I went back and put a different date range in and got more results with links. If no pop-up window appears, does that mean there is no post showing the details of the win?

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The above is not correct... you could receive any Resort hotel in the zone. The hotel lists only contain hotels reported to the board, there could always be others not yet reported or a hotel already reported with has been upgraded to the Resort level. See the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List.

If you'd like help with your stay please start a NEW TOPIC and include the date(s) of your trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]