Priceline Hotel: 4* strategy help

jonshu
By jonshu,
in

Hi

I need a 4* hotel in SF between Feb. 23 and the Feb. 27. I don't have any special requirements - I figure any 4* hotel will be good enough for me.

I understood the rebidding system so I will definetely add more areas as i go along - I want to be in USE or USW, so a 4* hotel seems perfect for this as it is not offered in other areas. My question is about the timing - is it better to bid now or wait for the last minute in hope more hotels will allocate rooms in the area?

I want to stay under $80 a night - I think it's quite possible reading other people's experiences here. How low should I start?

Priceline only guarnatees double occupany... bed type is not guaranteed. THIS THREAD gives a good summary of the situation.

Some take the chance and it works out just fine, but it is a risk, and one that you have to decide for yourself if you are willing ot take.

You can try Expedia as some of their hotels let you book specific room types.

A better choice is to try HOTWIRE and search for at least 3 people in the room... this may increase the room cost a bit, but Hotwire will guarantee enough sleeping accomodations for the number of people booked. So by searching for 3 people you essentially guarantee more than one bed (although they're within their right to offer a pull-out couch, cot, etc... although giving a customer a cot in this situation seems a bit extreme in my opinion)

I would do a HOTWIRE search and post the star rating and amenities of any hotels that are within your budget/interest adn we will try to help you identify them.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]