Fly INTO Long Beach & OUT OF LAX (next day)

ufauxreal
By ufauxreal,
in

I found a good fare/flight time on Jet Blue from JFK to Long Beach. We would spend the night at a LAX Hotel, then fly out of LAX to Honolulu the next day, and reverse the procedure on the way home.

How can we get from Long Beach to LAX? Is there a shuttle? (I'm not sure just how far it is). Would renting a car be a better option?

Thanks!

JB

To get to LAX from the Long Beach airport, take the 405 North. Both airports are right off this freeway, but are at least 20 miles apart. You can check mapquest.com for more exact directions and mileage. The time it takes depends on traffic, as there is really no good time to be on the 405. You should check with your hotel to see if they have a shuttle, or can recommend one. Renting a car could be a problem, as parking can be expensive at LAX and the hotels in the area. If you want to rent a car because you want to see LA (and deal with the traffic), check around for a park-n-fly rate. If it's just a stop-over, take the shuttle.

Aloha-

found this for you-

SuperShuttle runs $27.00 one way LGB to LAX airport-to-airport.

supershuttle.com

I would ask if its point to point. If they make any stops on the way, for the money you could just rent car one way, drop off at LAX and take your hotel's shuttle.

Have a great time in HI, I work there quite a bit and I love it!

• 1 month later...

Well, the cheapest way is certainly by public transportation.

First, take Long Beach Transit bus to downtown Lon Beach Transit Mall.

Then, take Metro Blue Line or MTA bus #60, transfer at the Green Line station, and get off at the aviation station.

Ride the free shuttle to LAX, and then take your hotel's complimentary shuttle.

If this last leg sounds too time consuming and your hotel is located on Century west of Airport Blvd., you can take a bus to LAX City Bus Center and walk across the parking lot to your hotel.

Remember to use Terraserver to know the street layouts around there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]