CA Orange County Eden Roc Inn and Suites Anaheim

SetaSai
By SetaSai,
in

This is the Review I gave HOTWIRE.

At first it appeared to be a normal "motel" level hotel but while the front desk was polite and helpful, it was obviously just a counter with a couple people behind it. Not a big deal until they hand you the room keys (yes actual keys) and even if that isnt a big deal, wait till you open the door and get a whiff of a musty type odor. If you look past that (run the AC to get rid of the smell), you have another thing coming to you when you attempt to take a shower. The faucet that controls the temperature is impossible to figure out, even to this day I am not 100% sure how I managed to get hot water running. Lets say you figured that out, I hope your ready for sandpaper texture towels. It is beyond rough and I dont think I can even recreate that type of roughness in my own home even after using and washing them for years.

So lets say you get past all that because all you really needed was a place to stay for the night and get some sleep since you'll be spending most of the day outside running around town. All in all, it served its purpose, bring what you need (ie. shampoo, soap, the usual toiletries) and you wont have much of a problem. Oh and I should also mention that there isnt an alarmclock, ended up using my phone the whole time. Not a big deal though since I always did use my phone anyways. I stayed for 4 nights, did not use housekeeping at all. Btw, its windy so use a rubberband to secure the "do not disturb" sign on the door handle otherwise it'll get blown away.

To add to this, was under $50 a night and I stayed for 4 nights totaling about $200. My girlfriend and I used it so that we would have easy access to the angels stadium this weekend for the bamboozle concert and also since it was nearby the Honda center for a Ducks game. All-in-all, I think this is probably one of the worse hotels I've stayed at purely because the smell and towels were so rough, I felt i would scratch my face off if I used them. Regardless though, It was 20ft from Disneyland, and if nothing else, I still got a decent night's rest.

PM me for details I may have left out.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]