Priceline Hotel: 4* Dallas (Galleria - North) Hilton Suites North

kkirklan
By kkirklan,
in

Since registering for a conference at the Hilton Lincoln Center (also in the Galleria area) one month ago, I have been bidding on Priceline hoping to get a room for less than the $129 rate for the conference. A couple of weeks ago, I was up to $100 with no takers. Tried again on Friday starting with $74 and won this hotel.

There is a long-running debate about when to bid for a room, and I know some view it bidding as far out as possible as the best strategy. In my experience, I have found that this varies. It seems like low bids greater than 6 months out often get accepted and that low bids very close in(within a week) also get accepted. It's the midrange bids (a few weeks to a few months out) that typically aren't accepted. JMO.

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the rest of the board.

Looks like you did well, got a great rate (better than the conference rate), and should still be close to the convention location.

I agree that there is no one 'blanket' method of when to bid... but i find that starting early, making sure not to over-bid with generally accepted rates, is the best policy. I'd always like to have the option of walking away and not taking an offer, and by starting to bid in advance i can do that. Wait until the last minute and then you're stuck with the thoughts in your head "what will i do if this bid is rejected too".

Add convetions and the idiosyncracies of certain areas and it can get to be a real mess trying to figure it all out. I try to keep it simple, and as with most things in life, i prefer to have time on my side. (my .02)

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]