Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago Suburbs (Lisle-Naperville) Lisle Hyatt

LadyBug50
By LadyBug50,
in

Nice to see you're still bidding and using Priceline... and still helping the family with it too i see! :)

Hopefully she'll enjoy the Hyatt just as much as the Courtyard. It's certainly a step up in class, so maybe next time she'll have you bidding only for 3 star hotels!

Thanks for the latest report, good to see you around the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks Thereuare. Now I realize why they gave me a 3*. $30 is what the 3*s were going for.

I am curious what would your take be on why they refused my initial bid. Was it the bid, the date, or the 2 nites together? What would you have bid with the option of changing the 2 nites to one, but two nites and 2.5* preferred? I know it is only a few bucks, but I am more concerned on how this whole Priceline thing works and I'd like to beat the system. LOL :)

Right, the initial bid was 2 nites for a 2.5* at $27 but was countered. Preferring the 2.5* to the 3* in this case, how would I have proceeded from there without accepting the counter....which would probably have been turned into an upgrade to 3* Hyatt anyways, but at a higher price. I dont think the $27 for 2.5 was out of line. Should I have stayed with rebidding at $27 for one nite? Actually it really isnt that important, just curious on how to bid next time.

Hard to say... if you had time you coudl have raised the bid (but by less than $30, or whatever figure you think 3 stars are typically accepted at) or just re-bid at $27 for the individual nite (but first check to see if the hotel shows a higher rate for the 2nd nite than the 1st, which would have given reason to believe that the bid was rejected for not being high enough for the 2nd nite)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]