Hotwire Hotel: HELP: San Diego Coastal (La Jolla) 3/17-3/20

tomjonesrocks
By tomjonesrocks,
in

Not having much luck getting any kind of special deal for the dates of 3/17 (Thurs) - 3/20 (Sun). I'm getting married this particular weekend and need to book some rooms for our officiant and family, etc--and the best price I can find in La Jolla (has to be this area) for 3 1/2*-4* places is $117+. I've heard others getting $65 and up on Priceline; but I'm up to $75 and have consistently failed for these dates.

Would go for Hyatt La Jolla, maybe, but actually would rather go for Empress Hotel or others closer to the water in this area (3 1/2* OK) if I can land a sub-$100 price.

Any suggestions?

If you look at the rates for hotels in this zone for these dates you'll see that a few of them are sold-out, so i suspect that rates at the hotels that are available are higher than usual, and therefore will require a higher bid. If you let us know your maximum bid we will help to provide a strategy to follow.

The above hotel on HOTWIRE does not look like the Empress... the amenities don't match and in the other post your replied to it mentions how the Empress does not have a pool.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In that case I'm not sure it makes sense to use either Priceline or Hotwire, disappointingly. I can secure a Queen room directly through the Empress Hotel for $132.33 a night and know exactly what I'm booking, cancel it, whatever. I guess compared to what I'm seeing on Expedia, Orbitz, whatever, I'm thoroghly unimpressed with Hotwire's/Priceline's offerings. But if I did, certainly $100 a night would be my max and I'm not sure I'm willing to even spend that much and risk getting in a Best Western or whatever.

Have you bid 4* in this zone yet? If you do bid 4* coastal theres always the chance you could win Hyatt Islanda so thats something to think about before bidding 4* as the reviews are not that good. I have won both Hyatt La Jolla and Hilton Torrey Pines and both hotels are very nice. The time your going is spring break so I don't think rates will go down much.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]