Priceline Hotel: Having trouble and needing help with 4* Hollywood area 4/2-4/4

theosam3
By theosam3,
in

I have bid as high as $150 per night ( plus taxes and fees, of course ) with re-bid zones and have been rejected every time. It looks like the going rate for the W Hollywood on Priceline ( which is my target hotel ) is $119 per night. I realize that this is a new property so the record of winning bids won't be that vast, but does anyone think the prices will go down if I wait until next week? I do realize that I could end up at the Roosevelt or the Rennaisance ( just an FYI ).

Nobody can stay if rates will go down, or up, between now and your stay... but i suspect the hotel has a very good idea of their occupancy levels for these dates at this time, so while anything can happen, i wouldn't count on rates changing all that much.

However, given HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in their Hollywood zone for $154/nite, i'm surprised you've been turned down on your $150 bids (unless of course this HOTWIRE 4* hotel is a 3.5* on PRICELINE)

Let us know whatever you end up doing for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotwire's Hollywood 4* at $154 looks like Roosevelt, not W. (No SPA icon.)

When W appears on HOTWIRE it's usually been at a lower rate than $154. This makes me think W hasn't given HOTWIRE inventory for your dates (a Friday and Saturday night). And if W hasn't given inventory to HOTWIRE then PRICELINE may not have W either.

W is $229 for your dates, which isn't very high for W.

I'd wait til Monday for a possible "inventory refresh", then try bidding from $119 to your limit once again.

Please keep us posted, and good luck.

Well I've tried again today ( but only bidding up to $140 ) and still nothing. I noticed that the W Hollywood is not yet available on HOTWIRE ( no spa icon ).

If things don't change as the weekend approaches maybe I'll stay at the Roosevelt; I've read a lot of bad reviews about that place so i'm really trying to stay away from there if I can. I used the PRICELINE link from this site for my bidding attempts.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with Los Angeles but I may have to work in either Long Beach or Downtown Los Angeles on Saturday morning and I'm trying to stay next to one of the train stations. My VERY LAST RESORT will be to get a room in Downtown and drive to the clubs we are planning to go to Friday and Saturday Night. I'd really prefer to stay in the middle of it all in Hollywood but for some reason this weekend seems to be a hard one to get the Renaissance or the W Hollywood.

Your highest bid of $150 wasn't accepted maybe because your dates included the weekend? (Fri, Sat , and Sun)

I recently won W Hollywood for 5/23-5/26, but I had initially tried to bid @ 119 for 5/21 - 5/26 which also included Fri, Sat and Sun, and was rejected.

(My highest bid was $130) I ended up spliting my bids and was able to win 5/23-5/26 (weekdays) for $119 and

Priceline offered me an extended stay option for 5/21-5/23 (Fri, Sat, and Sun) for $156, which I happily took.

I know some people won W for weekends @119 but from my own experience, if your dates include all Fri, Sat and Sun,

it will bump up the average price per night...? That's just my guess. You might want to try to bid for something close to $156 since

that's the offer Priceline gave me for the weekend dates. Good luck!

I'm starting to think they are waiting until the last minute to makes rooms available to HOTWIRE and PRICELINE. Maybe they hoped the Easter weekend would bring in more travelers. One would think a bid of $150 per night would be enough when the regular rate on their site is only $229. I'll check HOTWIRE every day and see if they get the W. If not, it looks like i'll end up at the Westin Boneventure in Downtown LA. Thanks to all for you feedback and insight.

Glad you found your way into the W, one way or another, theosam3.

It's surprising $150 was rejected when W was only $229. (W rate is up to $279 now.)

I was checking Hotwire for other April dates and noticed that W doesn't show up on HOTWIRE for any dates before April 21 now. From now through April 21 it's Roosevelt on HOTWIRE every night, with rates like $120-130.

I'm starting to think they are waiting until the last minute to makes rooms available to HOTWIRE and PRICELINE.
And I was thinking the other way around! That maybe W was making deep discount rooms available for future dates but they're withdrawing inventory and/or raising prices as the travel dates approach. There are exceptions but overall it seems most winning bids at W are more than 10 days in the future.

We'll have to keep an eye on things and see if your experience is the start of a trend (hard to get accepted at W at last minute) or just a bidding fluke.

Enjoy your stay!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]