Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 3,5* Downtown - Soho New York

Maikel
By Maikel,
in

Hey everyone,

Could anyone please help me with a bidding strategy for + 3.5* property in NYC for the dates 05/14/2010 - 05/18/2010. Except for the areas upper west / east, financial disctrict and empire state building, all areas are acceptable. I would love to hear your advise on start price and rebid areas etc.

Kind regards,

Maikel Miggelbrink

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The HOTWIRE property above is a match for the World Center Hotel so that would be my best guess for that one.

Do you want to purchase this HOTWIRE hotel or bid on PRICELINE? If a Dowontown/Soho property is not acceptable on PRICELINE, why consider the above HOTWIRE property?? :)

If you want to bid on PRICELINE please let us know the PRICELINE zones you are willing to bid on (not the ones you don't want) by and your maximum bid... we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I first looked at hotwire for reasonable prices, and this offer was pretty interesting although I dont prefer the area. I have now decided to start bidding on priceline to find a property in a better area. So I hope you can help me with a bidding strategy.

Kind regards,

Maikel

To avoid any confusion please let us know the zones, by PRICELINE name, you are will to bid, rather than "all except for...".

Also, i don't know your plans or if you're trying to avoid a particular property, but the ESB zone usually works pretty good for most, and at the 3.5* level the MTE zone is one that you need to be aware that some hotels are a 10-15 minute walk to the subway; if this is an acceptable distance than the MTE is zone is ok to bid, but if that is further from the subway than you prefer, then you shouldn't include this zone in your bidding.

Let us know regarding the zones, as well as your maximum bid amount, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]