Priceline Hotel: Hyatt Pier 66 Fort Lauderdale

Lucy
By Lucy,
in

:) I would like to bid for the Hyatt Pier 66. I will need three rooms for early December. When should I start bidding, should I bid for all three rooms at the same time, what $$ should I begin with, and how high should I have to go. Please confirm that it's in the 'Fort Lauderdale Beach Zone'. What tips should I look for to know that it's the Hyatt? I read another post which suggested looking for the 'SPA' icon. Thank you!

Hi Lucy!

You posted this in the Priceline area, but it sort of sounds like you might want Hotwire. Hotwire displays various amenity icons, like Spa.

With Hotwire, you'd have a fair chance of getting the hotel you wanted if you are familiar with the amenities for all the relevant hotels in the area. The list available at this site might help. You might get a different hotel even so, but at least it would have the amenities you wanted.

With Priceline, you have considerably less control. You can choose the zone and the star level, but there's no guarantee at all of getting a specific hotel.

Your discussion of bidding sounds like Priceline. Your discussion of amenities sounds like Hotwire. How disappointed would you be if you didn't get the Hyatt Pier 66, but got another nice hotel?

Anyway, thereuare will be along shortly and I'm sure he can direct you better, since he's more familiar with the area and using Hotwire and Priceline :).

Welcome to BetterBidding!!

Need to clarify a few things first....

There is Priceline and there is Hotwire. You should read this to understand the differences between the two: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire

Please read the above, but to summarize in relation to your question:

Priceline: you pick a price, star level, and zone

Hotwire: you pick a star level, zone.... they show you the price and amenities

So with Priceline you won't be seeing any amenities before you purchase (so there won't be any looking for a 'Spa' icon).

With Hotwire, in the past, the Hyatt has been represented with the amenities that are shown in this post: Hotwire Hotels Reported in Florida

The part about looking for the 'Spa' icon is that no other hotel in that zone has been seen that shows the spa icon. HOWEVER, it's important to make sure that all the amenities match!! There are still no guarantees, but if all the amenities match (and there are quite a few of them for this hotel) then the chances are better that you're actually identified the hotel before purchase.

If you choose to use Priceline, be sure to read about Bidding Again Before 72 hours and let me know if you are comforatable with it, as utilizing this strategy will help you get the best price and effect the strategy i supply.

Bottom line is that Priceline is likely to yield you a slightly cheaper price but requires a little more work. Hotwire typically costs a few extra dollars, but offers a better opportunity to identify the hotel before purchase.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the above, and if you don't have any, let me know if you'd rather try with Priceline or Hotwire. (and supply your dates as it will help in the research and bidding strategy i supply)

PS- it seems like a lot of info to take in all at once, but you have plenty of time, so don't be overwhelmed and ask questions about anything you don't understand... we're here to help

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick response. I'm willing to try Priceline to get the best price. What price would you recommend I start my bidding at? And if I rebid, which zone is the safest to add (no 4 stars)? This will be for a pre-cruise, need three rooms for December 12th.

It sounds like you understand that you may get a hotel other than the Hyatt.

It's important that you understand re-bidding on your own and how to determine the rebidding zones.

I can list the zones tonite, you can bid tomorrow, and in the interim a new hotel can be added to what was previously a re-bid zone... you'd then end up with a hotel in an area that you don't want. (so it's done for your protection, and you should check to make sure that your re-bid zones still qualify before each bid).

I'd be more than happy to confirm your re-bid zones if you'd like make sure you understand before using them (or explain in more detail how to determine which zones qualify).

If you think you 'got it', you have 4 re-bids available at the 4 star level, i would:

4* Ft. Lauderdale Beach....

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $79.

It may be a bit early for availability (or it may not be), but if your plans are firm, you have nothing to lose by trying early.... just don't get discouraged if you're not successful at first.

Feel free to ask any questions, and please help this site by using the SavingsBarn link at the top of the page.

PS- if you need 3 rooms, you should bid them all at once. Your bid is per room, so your first bid would indeed be $60 (and not $180)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]