momo1tx
By momo1tx,
in

For 4 nights, 3/16-3/20

Opening bid: $45 for 3* Downtown

Rejected, added East Monroeville and rebid $50

Rejected, added Allegheny Valley and rebid $55

Accepted!!

Any Pittsburg natives out there know how easy it is to get from this hotel (Marriott City Center) to the David Lawrence Convention Center?

It takes a bit of clever walking, but it's certainly walkable in, oh, 10 minutes I should think. It'll be downhill getting to the convention center but all uphill going back. It's a bit of an odd walk because you have to bridge a sort of sunken freeway there, but it can certainly be done. I suspect the hotel folks will be familiar with the route. Explaining it here is probably getting in a bit too deep. Plus, I probably can't do it. ;-)

Not sure how the cabs will be. Pittsburgh is a notoriously terrible cab town, but downtown hotels and the convention center are usually places where you can get a cab without having to arrange it all in advance. Not that they'll want your dinky little fare, but they're stupid like that. Sigh.

Don't know if they would run a shuttle over there or anything. Possibly for a particularly big convention.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]