Help with DCA(or IAD) to PDX?

weekender
By weekender,
in

A friend of mine is getting married in Oregon on 4/25 and so I am trying to get back home sometime the week before and leaving a few days after the wedding (also gives me time to visit family and friends). When I looked at fares almost five weeks ago they were around $230-$250 roundtrip. Now the lowest fares I have found are listed below:

4/21-4/28

$290 with 1 stop

frontier airlines on Travelocity

base price $248

(iad 344 total 296 base travelc)

4/21-4/27

$290 with 1 stop

base price $248

(iad 344 total 296 base travel)

4/20-4/27

$290 with one stop

base price $248

(iad 346 total 296 base travel)

4/22-4/27

$290 with one stop

midwest airlines on Travelocity

base price $248

(iad 346 total 296 base travel)

I'm trying to find a ticket for around $150-$175 roundtrip otherwise I'll be unable to attend. I have never used Priceline for flights before and am not sure if there's even a chance in reality that I might be able to get a ticket in my budget. I wanted to get some feedback from those of you who are more experienced with bidding on airfare. Do you think I have a decent chance?

See this thread on Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding.

Using the information there you should be able to start at ~$100-$125 and increase your bid $5/$10 per re-bid until you reach your $175 maximum budget.

Deals on airfare are tough to come by, but it's worth a shot.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]