Priceline Hotel: 5* London (Mayfair-Soho) The Grosvenor House, JW Marriott Hotel

greenlab
By greenlab,
in

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a nice deal for a week long stay at this property... well done! Glad to see you're happy with the results and this should work well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I had the same great priceline deal but different dates.

My bid $115 was declined. I added a free bid zone and won The Grosvenor House for $120/Night

for the dates of 4/3/10-4/10/10. Great deal looking based on past wins as well as other retail rates for this property.

The published rates for your dates (Apr 13-20) were $376, and u got it for $120.

The published rates for my dates (Apr 14-15) were $300, and I got it for $155 ($145 was rejected).

The difference between our times of bidding was only a few weeks.

I don't understand how my bid, which was higher than your success bid, was higher, even when the published rate for my dates were higher. My winning priceline bid

pacificboot,

Using hotel retail rates are the best gauge of demand for a particular set of dates, but it's far from perfect. There are a LOT of dynamics that go into room rates, and different processes can be used on 'retail' rate vs. 'discounted' rates.

One possible scenario is that the hotel could discount rates more deeply for multi-nite stays, as longer stay guests have a high propensity to spend money elsewhere in the hotel (restaurant, internet, gift shop, bar, etc). There are others, but this is the most easily explainable.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would also say that my stay is for several week nights. When you're considering business vs. leisure travel, my weeknights "leisure" stays probably lowered my average room rate a night. At my time of booking the retail rates could of been less. Also as stated above there are many factors availability, Easter, RevPAR goals etc...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]