Hotwire Hotel: 4 star Central Park Hotel hotwire

goldee25
By goldee25,
in

I need help with 4 star March 29- April 1 $186 a night. Hotel amenities Boutique Hotel

Property offers a distinctive, unique or eclectic atmosphere. Many boutique hotels are smaller, hip properties in an urban setting, or renovated hotels with historical flair.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

High-speed Internet Access

This is our first trip to NYC so we want a great comfortable place with great views of the city. I found a couple of places one is Thompson LES and Ink48 but they are no smoking and I smoke. We don't want to spend more than $250 a night if possible. We will not have a car so I don't want to end up spending a fortune on transportation. Can someone help me? Thanks Lisa

There are not too many properties in NYC with views, and they are often a paid upgrade when offered (such as some properties where the higher floors have views, so the higher floors are an upgrade). The Thompson properties are well-reviewed and the chain does have some neat boutiques, but those properties are not very centrally located, and in terms of a first trip to NYC, I'd rather be in Midtown. The Ink48 is a new Kimpton property (I believe it opened late last year), but it is a no-smoking hotel and a bit of a stroll from the TS area. There's not a whole lot right directly around Ink48, although it a few blocks from the Intrepid Museum and near H & H bagels (memorably referenced by Kramer in a "Seinfeld" episode.)

A couple of other recommendations: The Michelangelo ($238 on Expedia, coupon code 10WINTER takes $10 off - it's $298 for these dates on Orbitz; this hotel does have larger-than-average - for NYC - rooms) and the Affinia Dumont ($228 on Orbitz, and coupon code FABSAVE10 takes 10% off; this is for a studio room - this is a no-smoking hotel, though.)

Additionally, the Royalton is $252 on Expedia, but remains $199 on Orbitz.

In terms of views, the Helmsley Park Lane is $227 per night on Orbitz for a city view (and FABSAVE10 takes 10% off), but I'd rather save money and stay at the Royalton, which is not only cheaper but better located. The Ink48 hotel does have view rooms, but they are also a paid upgrade. In terms of views, it also depends on how much time you plan to spend in the room - if you are going to be out and about often, the $30-40 difference per night to upgrade could go towards a nice meal somewhere.

Overall, the Royalton for $199 (-10% using the coupon, and that hotel was renovated a year or two ago) would seem like an excellent bet. The newer Ink48 is also a very good deal on Orbitz ($177 - 10% using the coupon), but keep in mind the location is a bit out of the way. The Affinia Dumont, while a no-smoking room, would also be a good deal for a larger studio suite.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE, Orbitz or Expedia.com links to start your purchases and searches.

Are you also seeing an internet icon with the 4.5* listing?

I've never heard of 1800hotels.com; while that seems like a good deal, the Royalton or Ink48 would be better choices at about the same price if you are looking for a boutique property with more intimate service. The GH is a huge, more convention-oriented property.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]