Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Dallas (Richardson-Plano East-Allen) Pyramid Hotel

mdh715
By mdh715,
in

I need help in identifying this hotel.

I am planning on taking my grandchildren to this area for Spring Break next week. The property shows the following symbols:

Non-Smoking

Weight Room

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Internet

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

It shows that it could be Intercontinental, Hyatt, Omni, and other prestigious hotel brands.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Disneyworld thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay.

Then add a reply to this thread indicating the date(s) of your stay and the number rooms/adults/children you're including on your HOTWIRE search and we'll have a look at the above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I was searching (through Hotwire) for a hotel in the Allen/McKinney area for two nights during Spring Break, March 18th & 19th, 2010. We were definitely on a budget for this trip!

I chose a 2-1/2* hotel in Allen for $39.00/night for a twonight stay. It showed the following:

Boutique Hotel

Non-Smoking,

Breakfast,

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

High Speed Internet Access

Golf (nearby)

It ended up being the Pyramids Hotel (formerly Amerihost?). The property is located on 75 North at the Bethany Exit. There is a Dickie's BBQ and Ralph & Kacoo's in the parking lot. There are restaurants all up and down 75 in either direction. It is close to the Allen Premium Outlet Mall, which has great shopping.

The hotel was super clean! The owner actually works at the hotel and firmly upholds the hotel policies, focusing on cleanliness and non-smoking.

Upon checking in, we were told of their strict non-smoking policy, which I definitely appreciated. They put a $200 hold on my credit card for this policy. Their breakfast was a full continental, with waffles, bagles, sweet rolls, 3 different cereals, oatmeal, and fruit. They have orange juice, and apple juice. They have a great machine that quickly makes a great cup of coffee, one cup at a time. You can even get cappacinno or hot chocolate. All food must be consumed in the breakfast area, which is very nice. The owner doesn't allow food to be taken back to the room, due to cleanliness and possible bug infestation, which is GREAT!

They have a very nice indoor pool, sauna, and hot tub, which my grandchildren thoroughly enjoyed. The rooms are on the smaller side, but very adequate.

For the price, this is a good deal and very decent property. It is only a 2-story hotel, and has all interior doors. If you have someone that is handicapped, please advise the front desk that you need a first floor unit, as there are only stairs and no elevator.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]