Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Downtown) Golden Nugget

dutchie26
By dutchie26,
in

Hi

I have been bidding the last few days for 4* dwntwn vegas Hotel May 8-9. I am expecting/hoping for the Golden nugget. Using my free rebids I have worked my way up to 45$ with no luck.

At the $40 mark I was offered " a great deal." Priceline will give me the 4* hotel right away for $74. So I declined and went back and rebid up to $45 until I ran out of rebids.

What I don't understand is that the rack rate for that day at the Golden nugget is $69. $5 cheaper than the great deal offered by Priceline.

So does anyone have any experience as to how close I have to bid up to the $74 before I can get it.

Also isn't this a bit of underhandedness on Pricelines part offering a so called deal well over the rack rate when they advertise %40 discount. This offer of theirs is a 7% premium. The Buggers!!

Thanks so much everyone!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well its been a few weeks now and I have been bidding daily starting at $40 and working my way up as high as $57 which puts me just a few dollars less than the Golden Nugget's rate of $69 for that night. I notice that on the Priceline page where you first enter your bid it says "median price in this area is $69" (Sometimes it says $88)

Every time after I bid, it offers me the "Great Deal" of $74 ($5 more than rack rate???)

I don't understand why it is, that I cannot seem to get a hotel here for this night for any thing under rack rate?

Well after weeks of bidding and no success I finally got G.N. for $52.

Yesterday while bidding up to $45 I got offered a room for $58 by Priceline (up until then I had been always been offered @$78)

So I knew that things were starting to look up. I bid in $1 increments up to $50 and ran out of rebids.

Today I started @ $45 and received the same offer. I jumped to 50 next, then 51 and at $52 SUCCESS!

Man that was a lot of work to save $12!

Definitely not a lot of really big savings in Vegas. I have done a lot better everywhere else I have bid (usually 40 or 50% off rack rates)

4* Las Vegas (Downtown) Golden Nugget

$52 ... 5/08/10-5/09/10

Thanks to everyone for their insights and help.

As always I used the links to bid.

• 4 weeks later...

Well done for hanging in there. I was watching this thread and have seen time and again, persistence rewarded in the end.

I have heard good things about the new Tower at GN.

Thanks for following up for the benefit of all.

Have a great stay....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]