Priceline Hotel: Las Vegas 3/17 - 3/20

alfbo
By alfbo,
in

A lot of hotels during this time period are sold out, and the ones that are traditionally less expensive (Sahara, Gold Coast, etc.) are going for $500 a night! Is it the NCAA Tournament that's driving up prices during this time period? So far the only reasonable places I can find are Stardust (through Travelworm, $125 a night) and Arizona Charlie's Decature (average $60 a night).

Argh! So far the best deals (for places that I'm not afraid to stay) are Imperial Palace for 99/night and Orleans for 129/night, both through Easy Click (which I found through this site, thanks). I'm tempted to do the Palms for $269 (through Travelworm). I'm planning on doing a ladies only poker tournament at the Rio on Saturday, which is my main reason for going, and the Palms is across the street from the Rio. But I might just save some bucks and book a room at the Orleans and use their free shuttle to the Gold Coast instead.

The Strat is pretty cheap, you can maybe get that around 175 to 160. I got the Sahara through them for an average of 160. But that is by booking 18th to 21. That 17th date is the killer. By the way, did the easy click reservation actually go through, or was it on request, because we failed in our bid for a room for the monte carlo. Also is the Imperial Palace better than the Sahara?

The Palms offer is through travelworm.com. Become a member (it's a free) to get additional discounts.

The reservation for Imperial Palace online did not go through. I called Easy Click and found out 2 of the nights were sold out. I ended up doing 3/17 & 3/18 at The Orleans for 129, and 3/19 at Circus Circus (ugh) for $143. Imperial had 3/19 available but it has a 2 night minimum requirement.

The good thing is Easy Click has a 3 day cancellation policy, so I can still shop around and try to find a better deal. I'm not thrilled about paying $143 for Circus Circus, but it beats the $500 being offered through the other "discount" travel sites for the same hotel.

Please check our SUPPORT page for updates as this board is, and has been, an affiliate of TravelWorm for some time now.

RE: The Imperial Palace vs. Sahara, while neither would be my first choice (although i understand that this stay calls for desperate measures outside the norm), i would choose the Imperial Palace even just from a location point of view (great location right on the strip where i like to be)... add to this that the REVIEWS have been getting dramatically better lately; while those of the Sahara continue to remain more mixed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]