Bidding for ATL-CGN/DUS on priceline

buitenlander
By buitenlander,
in

Hi.

First off, thanks for all of the helpful tips.

I have been trying to arrange a name your own fare via Priceline quite unsuccessfully the last week or so. This would be for the standard maximum of 1 layover each way. Since Northwest (*sheds tear*) merged into the Delta monster, my flyer miles are now essentially useless.

The average going rate into Cologne is between 801-808 dollars.

Alternately, I could fly into Dusseldorf and take the train where I finally need to go without a problem.

The going fare for this seems to be around 768 dollars.

These fares would include all taxes (sources: Priceline, Expedia).

The most I wanted to spend was 600 dollars. I have bidding around the 520 dollars to take into account the taxes and fees for paper tickets (around 30 dollars on priceline).

Is it realistic to expect to win a ticket in this range? I really cannot afford to wait until the last minute, because I have to schedule a replacement to take my job while I'm gone.

Any help, lead times and strategies would be greatly appreciated.

Where I am going: Cologne, Germany (CGN) or Dusseldorf, Germany (DUS)

Where I am leaving from: ATL

When I am leaving: 27 April

When I am flying home: May 3

Maximum price: 600 USD, taxes included

What are the breakdown of taxes/fees (from the airline when booking direct) for each of these routes?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Option 1.1: ATL to Cologne (CGN), via Delta

Price per Passenger (USD)

Round trip

Price per Passenger (USD)

Round trip

5:20pm

ATL 11:10am

CGN

Arrives 28 Apr 1-stop

Segment Base Fare

From $805.20

Trip Type

round trip

+

Taxes

$84.60 Taxes/Fees =

Full Fare

$889.80

Option 1.2: ATL to CGN via KLM website:

Price 685.00

Taxes and surcharges 116.76

Booking fee 0.00

Total price per passenger 801.76

Number of passengers 1

Option 2.1: ATL to DUS via Delta:

From $717.20

Trip Type

round trip

+

Taxes

$51.60 Taxes/Fees =

Full Fare

$768.80

Option 2:2: ATL to DUS via KLM:

Price 685.00

Taxes and surcharges 126.23

Booking fee 0.00

Total price per passenger 811.23

These are the most direct and cheapest options I could find. Priceline services these routes. Any strategies for last minute and advanced are appreciated. Ultimately I do not want to pay more than 600 USD maximum, with under, of course, being ideal. Thanks. Sorry if the layout is a little wonky on the post.

Use the techniques in the second post of this Priceline Airfare Bidding thread to get an almost unlimited number of re-bids. Depending upon how much time you want to devote to bidding you could start at ~$400 (or whatever number you'd like) and increase your bids by $10/$25 per re-bid until you read your $600 limit.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]