The four star hotel lists:

fitness

restaurant

business center

highspeed net

The three star hotel lists:

fitness

highspeed net

Four star is 112/night three star is 84/night.

More concerned about what the three star could be, its quite a lot cheaper than the four star (would save 100 dollars) but if its going to be pretty crappy we are more than willing to spend the extra money. This is our first time using hotwire so trying to figure out the best deal we can!

First time poster to this site, my wife found it and think its the coolest thing ever!

The 4* could be the Westin River North, Hyatt, Hard Rock or Sheraton, although I'd lean towards it being one of the other three besides the Westin. The 3* would likely be the Inn of Chicago, which is a renovated former Best Western property - it's well-located, but reviews are mixed.

Personally, I'd go another direction and suggest the Hotel Felix (which opened last year) and is a 4* in the River North area. That's $114.25 on sale (25% off) on Expedia.com

You could also try PRICELINE for these dates and bid for a 4* on the River North/NMA zone.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Expedia.com links to start your purchases and searches.

The 4* could be the Westin River North, Hyatt, Hard Rock or Sheraton, although I'd lean towards it being one of the other three besides the Westin. The 3* would likely be the Inn of Chicago, which is a renovated former Best Western property - it's well-located, but reviews are mixed.

Personally, I'd go another direction and suggest the Hotel Felix (which opened last year) and is a 4* in the River North area. That's $114.25 on sale (25% off) on Expedia.com

You could also try PRICELINE for these dates and bid for a 4* on the River North/NMA zone.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Expedia.com links to start your purchases and searches.

thank you so much for your quick reply! The 4* listing on hotwire changed to include a pool icon and is now 113, would that change what the hotel will prolly be? We are trying to stay 400 or less on the hotel so the hotel felix is a little over budget, although that is a very nice looking place. Its coming up at 134/night for me right now.

Rates do appear somewhat higher than normal for these dates, and I just looked up the convention calendar - the higher rates are likely due to the Kitchen and Bath show on 4/16-18, which has 60,000 attendees.

When I search for 2 adults for 4/15-18, I'm seeing a:

4* Mag Mile/Streeterville w/fitness, business, restaurant, internet.

The Hyatt, Sheraton, Westin River North and Hard Rock have been reported with this amenity set in the past. There's no tripadvisor rating showing on this listing in order to narrow down what it could be out of that bunch, although I'd guess the Westin is unlikely.

_________

When I search for 2 adults/2 children for 4/15-18, I'm seeing a:

4* Mag Mile/Streeterville w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business Center for $102.

This would likely be the Sheraton, which I'm not a big fan of - it's not terrible and it's quite well-located, but it's just very average. I'd rather suggest trying to bid $85 for a 4* in the River North/NMA area on PRICELINE. You may still get the Sheraton via this route (there are quite a few 4* possibilities in the River North/NMA zone on PRICELINE), but at least at a lower rate.

Odd, I'm now seeing $134 on the Felix, as well. :)

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The Allegro is $119 on Expedia and the Buckingham Athletic Club (a private club in the Loop area, located on the 40th floor of the stock exchange building - free breakfast and use of the club facilities included) is $127 and coupon code 10WINTER takes $10 off per night for both (and the total would be about $400) - while both are very nice properties, unfortunately they are not optimally located from a tourist standpoint in the Loop. The Standard Club is $143 (and coupon code FABSAVE10 should take 10% off) on Orbitz in the Loop - that's also certainly a unique property - an upscale, elegant and historic private club that rents a small set of rooms.

There's also a 4.5* Mag Mile/Streeterville on HOTWIRE for $123 w/fitness, restaurant, business, internet - that may be the Intercontinental, Conrad or James.

I wanted to throw these ideas out to consider, but I think the most reasonable option remains bidding for a 4* on PRICELINE in the River North/NMA area.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE, HOTWIRE, Orbitz, or Expedia.com links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]