Where to start bidding on flights?

mattydt20
By mattydt20,
in

Hi, I'm new to the forum and priceline. I tried to read through the forums and find a FAQ on the topic, but had no luck. I'm trying to buy tickets from Boston or Hartford, CT to Las Vegas. I couldn't buy tickets the day I decided to leave on the trip and the next morning the prices jumped over $100. Now they keep going up and it looks like I'm out of a trip. So I want to give bidding a try.

My dates are 3/22/10 to 3/30/10.

From Boston to Las Vegas I'm getting lowest prices of $447.

From Hartford to Las Vegas I'm getting a lowest price of $279 (with no taxes included).

I've also thrown in Phoenix as a destination, as we're really aiming on getting to the Grand Canyon and Zion National Park. (Other destinations are smaller and are more expensive).

Boston to Phoenix: $247

Hartford to Phoenix: $318

I just don't know where to start bidding. My girlfriend is on an extremely limited budget, where she needs to keep the flight around $200. I could completely low ball by $100, but I just think I'll waste my time and keep getting rejected. Any thoughts on a % below to start at?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]