Priceline Hotel: 3.5 or better Disneyland Area

kentpyper1
By kentpyper1,
in

I have made many bids from $40 - $69 for a 3.5* or better hotel for the dates of 3-17-10 checking out the day of 3-21-10.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I see others winning bids for the Doubletree in South Garden area for $49 for basically

the same dates they have won.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kent

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are date specific and can vary greatly from one date to the next. As well, rates are supply/demand drive, so even if a win was received weeks ago for the same exact dates as your own, rates may have changed since then.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you'd like help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC.
Oh no, I was merely pointing out the fact that there is a fairly major convention going on that weekend which perhaps is a factor for the failed bids. And the fact that I am trying for the same thing so I don't think OP is doing anything "wrong".

I just stumbled onto this great forum last night after going through a similar bidding process as OP's on my own. Then I looked up the convention center calendar and thought perhaps that might be the reason. In responding I was trying to be a participant on this forum instead of benefiting without contributing. My apologies if I have already broken the rules and responded to a thread that only admins are allowed to reply to. Next time I will just PM the OP instead.

Thanks.

Yep that is the problem. Thank you for pointing out that there is a cheer competition that weekend thats why all the hotel prices are off the wall right now. What i did was honestly cause i wanted to stay in the orange county area / DL area

I used priceline for saturday night which i paid 65$ for one night at the doubletree on the city drive and i just used hotwire to get the sheraton garden grove.

All and all i think the best way to get a cheap hotel for that weekend is to go through hotwire or be prepared to pay at least 65 dollars a night.

My apologies if I have already broken the rules and responded to a thread that only admins are allowed to reply to.

Not at all... all members are encouraged to respond to other users and your comments/info were quite helpful!

I was suggesting that if you had a need for an upcoming stay, to start a new topic, so that the this thread would remain ontrack for the OP's stay.

Thanks again for your post and info.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]