Canada Montreal Holiday Inn Select Centerville

euroboy
By euroboy,
in

Overall a great hotel, excellent location, great price ($45 USD/night). We felt safe in the Chinatown/Old Montreal area both day and night. Hotel lobby is quite elegant. Hotel seemed fairly new and clean. Beds and furniture were in great condition, AC worked well. Our room was on the 6th floor and we could see Notre Dame Basillica, etc. from our hotel window! Not sure why no one picked up room service dirty dishes outside people's rooms. :) We didn't check out any amenities in the hotel. Parking was secure, underground, but overpriced at $14 CAD/night. Also parking ticket machine was a little fussy and parking spots were tight. The elevator for some reason always stopped on the 2nd floor, even if going down to the parking garage. Across the street there were some squeegee guys cleaning car windshields for tips as cars waited at the traffic light. Hotel charges a $2 CAD/night city lodging tax. But get this...they charge federal & provincial sales tax on top of the city lodging tax! (30 cents)

Overall, we spent around $200 USD for 3 nights with all tax and parking included.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and would enjoy staying there again.

• 3 weeks later...

OK I am not a big complainer usualy BUT in this case, it really paid off.

I loved my room and the hotel itself BUT they do have a habit of over-charging. In my case, they tried to add on phone calls until I broght down the in-room directory which listed they were free. They immediately removed the charges. They also tried to tack on additional taxes which were also removed (over an above the $2/night hotel tax).

On New Years Eve, my car got blocked in for the whole night and because of this, they removed my parking charges for the whole stay without even asking.

Finally, because of the holidays, the restaurant was closed for dinner so I emailed PL and also mentioned the hotel's over charging ... PL refunded me two nights.

Now, I could email PL for many of my stays as ... for example, the Hilton Cherry Hill had no alarm clock in my room becuase of their renovations, the water was announced to be turned off for 5 hours for two days in a row or the Radisson MacAurthur's (Long Island, NY) restaurant was closed on a Sunday of my stay ... BUT I will limit my PL email complaints to once or twice a year.

• 5 years later...

I got this hotel for $56/night (weekend) and am thrilled! :-) The hotel is well cared for, the rooms are clean, and the location is great (especially since I love Oriental food and shops). My favorite part of the hotel is the lobby - there is a large coy "pond" in the lobby with pathways over it and a section of the hotel restaurant (including a pagoda) right on it.

The only thing I would warn others to watch out for is the parking - the parking garage is underground, but it's not at all well marked, and we ended up in the wrong garage. The car was there for less than an hour while we unloaded, got our stuff upstairs, and figured out where the car was actually supposed to go, but we still got charged $7.

Overall, a great value. I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]