Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* San Francisco (USW) Pan Pacific

CrankiestOne
By CrankiestOne,
in

I'm looking for a hotel for the end of our week in the SF area (got the first three days via Hotwire). I don't see any sexy rates on Hotwire for the 31st and 1st, and am considering* a PL bid. Online rates at the hotels listed as PL 4* are:

Renaissance Parc 55--$170 AAA, $179 regular

Renaissance Stanford--$135 AAA, $149 regular

Hilton San Fran--$151 regular (AAA not available)

Prescott--$177 regular

*I say "considering" because I am not thrilled with Hilton's location; however, if I'm saving $100/night for my two rooms, the location isn't that bad.

We are staying at Pan Pacific the first part of the week, at $89/night/room (see the SF/Hotwire posting). Given all this, would you be so kind as to provide a bidding strategy??

Many, many thanks. As a travel-deal junkie, I love this site! :)

You have 5 re-bid zones when biddig 4* in the USW area... if you're not sure of your re-bid zones feel free to ask or confirm them with the board.

You didn't give a maximum bid, but rates for your dates don't look too bad and i chose a maximum of $80, if this is outside your expected range post back and we'll adjust accordingly.

Select 4* USW...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $80

I left out one re-bid zone because i think you'll be successful with the above, but if not it still gives you a chance to bid again immediately with an updated strategy (after you report that it failed).

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Went with Hotwire:

Amenities: restaurant, fitness center and business center

2 room(s) @ $111.00 per night x 2 night(s) $444.00

Taxes and fees: $68.95

Hotel Subtotal $512.95

In light of recent postings regarding hotel strikers, I called the PP. It is a non-union hotel, therefore not affected by strikers. The rep tells me the strikes are over, but there is talk of new strikes beginning. I will post a review upon return.

Thereuare, you rock my world....many thanks again for the site. Next stop, Monterey...keep ya posted!!

Thereuare, you rock my world....

That's a pretty good endorsement from somebody who is self-proclaimed 'Crankiest' :)

Actually, thanks for the compliments and encouragement. Glad you got the hotel you wanted and we were able to help.

Enjoy your stay(s) and all other aspects of you trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]