Priceline Hotel: Hotel for 3 nights in Manhattan

Maverick
By Maverick,
in

So that we suggest the correct strategy... is lowest price more important than zone? For example, would you rather be in midtown at $125 or downtown financial area at $85 (<-- not sure if this is realistic, but serves as an example to my question).

Do you really not care about location and would be happy in the financial area... or would you rather hold off on that as a 'last resort' if midtown locations failed?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Honestly, I do not care either way. I would be happiest with the cheapest price. For instance for $5 less I would stay in the Financial district over Midtown. I happen to like the financial district which is different from most New York travellers, so I would not care either way.

Thanks for your help,

...Maverick

I would also be willing to look at decent hotels in New Jersey that offer an easy commute to NYC, but my preference would be Manhattan does anyone have any bid strategies? Does anyone have any idea at what price ranges I'd be looking for, for these dates and what 3 nights in the period listed would be the cheapest?

Well here's the two scenarios that I would like.

Scenario 1: A cheap hotel in Jersey city that is a cheap commute into NYC that is less than 20minutes. Preferably free parking would be nice as well.

Scenario 2: A hotel in Manhattan at around $85-100 and a way to park cheaply in New Jersey (like I've heard of $3 a day lots and stuff like that) and then I could commute into Manhattan once and stay there 3 days, and commute back once.

The second scenario would be preferable. But if 3* @ $85-$100 is unrealistic or Jersey city is much cheaper I would like that.

Let me know about bidding strategies.

There are no re-bids when bidding 3* in Jersey City, but you can re-bid each time by changing your dates slightly.

Pick you first choice of dates (to make it easy, start at the beginning or the end of your range)....

Select 3* Jersey City...

Bid $48.

If rejected change your check-in/check-out by one day and try again... do this thru the entire cycle of dates.

Any questions feel free to ask... let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If your $48 bids are rejected next time around, you may want to consider going as high as $55 as in that past that was the 'next level'... but it's up to you if you want to go that high or look at other options (my opnion is that this property is worth the $55 bid if that that's what it takes)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]