Hotwire Hotel: New York 25/3 - 28/3 (three nights)

Joris
By Joris,
in

I have planned a trip from Amsterdam to New York with my girlfriend and I am looking at my first experience with hotwire. I am looking for a hotel in Manhattan and prefer a place in MTC as this seems the ideal location for shopping, museums and strolling through the park. Maybe MTE or other areas if there are great hotel offers. I have seen the 'Customer Favorite! Read reviews / Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, Spa Services, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center' in MTC which has 4.5 stars for $174 per night. Which hotel could this be? The Meridien? What would you recommend to do? Proceed with this one or go for a hotel with a better price / quality or even try priceline for the ultimate deal?! Thanks from Amsterdam, The Netherlands. :)

Welcome to Better Bidding!

Here is the HotWire list: http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?act...=ST&f=254&t=88&

It is very likely that this is the Meridien although I would not rule out Essex House. I would take a look at all the 4.5star possibilities in MTC (the list is not necessarily comprehensive). Then make a decision if you'd be willing to take the risk that might mean staying at any of them.

...Maverick

That does indeed look like the Le Parker Meridian on HOTWIRE. The hotel has generally received favorable reviews, but most recently i've seen them turn a bit more mixed, as seen HERE (keep in mind that many of these people pay more for their rooms then we do... so they expect more too).

At this price range you may also want to consider THE DRAKE, where the reviews are also a bit mixed but may be a bit more favoralbe overall. I haven't stayed at either, but i'd suggest that their repuations are about equal.

Whether to take one of the above or try on Priceline is a person choice depending upon how much control you like to have over your hotel and its locations.

If you'd like to go the Priceline route let us know and we'll suggest an appropriate strategy to follow if you let us know your maximum bid and which zones you're willing to except (is UM/CPS the only zone OR will you also accept the MTE and MTW zones?). If you choose to go with HOTWIRE, please use THIS LINK to begin your purchase (or the link above if you choose to go with The Drake)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't think the REVIEWS of the Hudson are very flattering.

The Drake mentioned above appears to no longer be available, so if i were now in your shoes i think i'd be taking what appears to be the Grand Hyatt from HOTWIRE... i for one like this hotel, the location is excellent for easy access to mass transit and/or walking to Times Square, and the comments from recentl stays have greatly improved since their renovation.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]