Priceline Hotel: 3* Disneyland rejected $33 2/5 need safe rebid

562bulldog
By 562bulldog,
in

hi ... we live in LA but were trying to get a hotel near Disneyland for 2/5 (sat)

bid $33 for 3* Disneyland 2/5 (1 night) > Rejected

i dont need a hotel in LA ... but thought a hotel close to Disneyland would be a nice treat (we're going both Sat/Sun) ... what is a safe re-bid zone for Disneyland?

is Seal Beach a safe 3* re-bid?

OR

is there a nice 2.5* hotel very close i can add to my re-bid

these are the areas it offered me to add

Anaheim Hills

Buena Park - Cerritos - Cypress

Costa Mesa - Irvine

Disneyland Area

Fountain Valley

Fullerton - Brea

Laguna Cliffs - Dana Point

Laguna Hills - Mission Viejo

Newport - Huntington Beach

Seal Beach

Select All Zones

OR

should i just wait 72 hours and try again thursday?

Please read the following post on how to figure out your re-bid zones: PRICELINE 72 HOUR RULE.

We prefer to make sure that users understand how to determine their re-bid zones on their own as new hotels can be added at any time. We could tell you zone XYZ is a 'safe' re-bid zone, but if you don't see it and/or bid it until tomorrow it may no longer be a safe zone to add. You should check your re-bid zones each time before you start a bidding cycle.

Please read thru the above thread and ask any questions that you may have. Of course, we'll be happy to confirm your re-bid zones for you; if you have trouble understanding it just ask and we'll walk you thru whatever concept you're having trouble with (even if it's at the beginning! :) )

Once you have your re-bid zones we'll also suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow if you'd like... or you can try it on your own if you already have a gameplan.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i had read the guidelines but i was a little confused ...

i used priceline before (and this board) with great success on our vacation to Vancouver/Seattle in those instances i NEEDED a place to stay and was very happy with my results ... BUT for this Disneyland hotel ... i ONLY want a hotel near Disneyland as a nice treat and since i live in Los Angeles if the Priceline hotel is 15 miles away i might as well drive the 20 miles to my house

so in my situation should i just wait the 72 hours and again only select Disneyland ... i suppose this is the heart of my question ... or should i try this

rebid 3* with Seal Beach selected (1st time) -- no hotels listed at all on betterbidding list

rebid 3* with Laguna Hills - Mission Viejo) selected (2nd time) -- 2.5* only listed on betterbidding list

Seal Beach has no winning hotels listed for priceline on the betterbidding california list ... Orange County South (Laguna Hills - Mission Viejo does not list a 3* ... based on my understanding those would be considered free 3* rebid zone correct ? ...

From the hotel lists:

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change, so it is always a good idea to look at the Priceline map before purchasing.  DO NOT USE THIS LIST to determine what areas to add when attempting to bid again within the 24 hour window (CLICK HERE for information on how to add cities in order to bid again).

From the link i provided above:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

So the method you are using to determine re-bids is not a good one, for reasons stated above. Please follow the steps in the second quote above in order to determine your re-bid zones.

If you still do not understand, make a list of every zone within the area you are bidding, select one at a time, and next to it write the highest star level availalbe in that zone. Then post it here and we'll take the next step.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thank you i misunderstood the instructions, being the cynic that i am :) i thought they were there only to offer a disclaimer ... now i understand

so i checked priceline and neither seal beach or laguna hills/mission viejo offer a 3*

so i did this

1st try (mentioned above) 3* Disneyland hotel $33 REJECTED

2nd try (added Seal Beach) 3* Disneyland hotel $35 REJECTED

3rd try (added Laguna Hills) 3* Disneyland hotel $37 REJECTED

4th try (added Fountain Valley) 3* Disneyland hotel $39 REJECTED

there was no counter offer on any of the bids ...

thanks for the help ... like i said i'm local and i'll have to re-evaluate if i want to spend more than that

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]