Does Priceline guarantee a bed?

swag
By swag,
in

Does PRICELINE guarantee a bed? Before you answer, "of course"...

The Wyndhan Chateau Bourbon is a 3.5* hotel in New Orleans French Quarter. There are several reviews on TripAdvisor of guests who got assigned to rooms with no bed, only a pull-out sofa.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g6..._Louisiana.html

I know there's no guarantee of room type when using PRICELINE, but I'd certainly expect a bed, not a sofa. The PRICELINE site seems to only say your room will "accommodate" two guests. I know my back would be very unhappy sleeping on a sofabed.

Thoughts?

I would think such situations are rare, but i imagine the wording "accommodations for two adults" covers them... a murphy bed would be another example of a room without a 'real' bed, but sufficiently providing accommodations within the terms of their agreement.

I think it's important to note that this isn't a PRICELINE / HOTWIRE only issue, as "sofabed rooms" were also assigned to guests who booked thru other third party websites (not sure if the same is true for guests who booked direct)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]