Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $132.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $22.20

Total Charges: $154.20

Bidding on January 29, 2005:

A1) 3* for $43 in Dulles Airport (IAD) -- free re-bid for $12 extra -- declined

A2) 3* for $44 in Dulles Airport (IAD) + Falls Church East

B1) 2.5* for $39 in Dulles Airport (IAD)

B2) 2.5* for $40 in Dulles Airport (IAD) + Falls Church East

B3) 2.5* for $41 in Dulles Airport (IAD) + Falls Church East + Sterling

B4) 2.5* for $42 in Dulles Airport (IAD) + Falls Church East + Sterling + Manassas

C1) 2* for $40 in Dulles Airport (IAD)

C2) 2* for $42 in Dulles Airport (IAD) + Sterling

C3) 2* for $44 in Dulles Airport (IAD) + Sterling + Manassas -- and my price was accepted.

Rate:

The best available rate from the hotel Web site for the same dates was $139.00/night.

Even though this hotel is located in the Manassas zone, it is close enough to Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD). The exact location is in the north end of the Manassas zone: south of Route 66, north of Route 29 (Lee Hwy), west of Route 28 (Sully Rd/Centreville Rd).

Congratulations on your win.

That looks like work... but the savings are worth it!

We appreciate you posting this information and enabling us to add this property our lists.

You need not type all that out (unless you want to), the information that best helps others is the winning bid amount and the amout of the previously rejected bid (assuming it included the zone that was won).

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you. I haven't stayed at this hotel, so I'm looking forward to checking it out.

I keep a detailed record of all of my Priceline bidding, so that I can analyze my strategy and try to improve it. In this particular case, in hindsight, I may have paid too much for 2* in Manassas, because I started all of my bids with Dulles Airport (IAD). This way I didn't try 2* in Manassas until my bidding level was already up to $44.

I think you'll like this place better than both the AmeriSuites and Fairfield Inn. It has a somewhat better vibe, plus there should be a more extensive, hot breakfast. I go by it almost daily, as it's right next door to my health club. (If you're in the mood to exercise, you may want to check it out, as it's arguably the best club in the entire DC Metro area - perhaps there's a discount for guests. Although I see on the hotel's website that they have their own exercise area and pool, as well.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]