Priceline Hotel: need help in booking las Vegas

kayatz
By kayatz,
in

i am trying to book a reasonable room in Las Vegas for my daughter and her husband. i would like a room in the range of $79-89. Balley's would fine. Can you give me some hints. I read the posts, and am wondering what re-bid zones are? Thanks

Re-Bid Zones are explained here: Bidding Again Before 72 hours

You may also want to read my personal thoughts on using Priceline in Las Vegas: Las Vegas One Exception I Don't Use Priceline

Do i recall your dates being 6/13-6/16?

It seems the Fri and Sat will curtail your plans for an average nitely cost of $80-$90.

I see Harrah's "hot Deals" section breaks down to $119/119/59 respectively, which averages out to almost $100/nite.

You certainly could try Priceline, but realize, as i mention above, that your daughter and her husband can end up off the strip since the zone is near strip.

I looked at some Hotwire prices (the problem with Hotwire's zone is their "strip" is pretty far down the strip... i think it includes the area by Circus Circus, Frontier, etc, so i would definatlely try to stick with higher rated hotels in this zone). I would continue to check Hotwire and compare them to the amenities listed in this thread: Hotwire Hotel List and Tips. BUT KEEP IN MIND that many hotels in this area have the same amenities, and as not all hotels that Hotwire deals with are listed, there is no certainty that you will get the hotel you think you're going to get.

If after reading my comments in the thread above you still wish to use Priceline and/or Hotwire, let me know and i will supply a more detailed bidding strategy.

I don't mean to discourage you from using either in this zone, but i'd rather have you know the disadvantages of using each in Las Vegas in order to avoid any disappointments. If you're daughter would be happy "near" the strip and not directly on it, then it's not a problem (but most Vegas visitors prefer to be directly on the stip)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]