CA San Diego Hotel Indigo Downtown

workingmom
By workingmom,
in

Went to Downtown - Gaslamp district for 3 nights in February for a conference at the SD convention center. This hotel is pretty new (less than 1 year, I believe). So, it is nice and clean. It is several blocks from the main strip of the Gaslamp district, where all the shops and restaurants are. Takes about 12-15 minutes to walk to the Convention Center, as you have to walk about 4 blocks to get to 5th Street and then down about 5 blocks to get to the other side of the train tracks, where the convention center is. You can only cross the tracks at 5th street at this time. Looks like they are working on another bridge that crosses, closer to Petco Park and The Hotel Indigo, but it wasn't finished when I visited.

Staff was friendly. Felt pretty safe in my room, as you need your keycard to use the elevators. My friend drove me back to the hotel one night, and he told me this was (used to be?) a not-so-nice part of town, even though it is so close to the busy Gaslamp District. Had a view of Petco Park, which I suppose could get noisy if there was a game happening.

Got a pretty good deal, though. Saved 32/night for pking too, since I just walked from the Amtrak station, about 20 minutes away (about 1 mile). You could also get a cab from there for about $8, or hop on a Pedicab if you want a fun, leisurely ride.

Overall, nice hotel for couples or singles looking for a hip, clean hotel,or for someone on biz travel in downtown SD who doesn't mind being a bit farther from the center of things. I also appreciated the hotel's attempts to be green -i.e. had a bin for recyclables, which I had never seen before in a hotel. Oh! and free wi-fi! That was a nice bonus.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]