Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Tampa (Airport TPA-Westshore) Sheraton Suites

lida1111
By lida1111,
in

Hi, on Priceline, tonight I tried for a 3.5 hotel for $45, rejected. Tried again this time including downtown for $48, again rejected. I want to stay in Westshore near the shopping malls.

I looked at Hotwire and they have both a 3 star for $59 and 3.5 star for $79 in the Westshore area. I'm wondering if I should just go for the 3 star on Hotwire for $59 or 3.5 star for $79, or keep bidding on Priceline, hoping to get a 3.5 star for less than the $79 they want on Hotwire.

So my questions are, how bad or good are the 3 star hotels? Has anybody had any experience with a 3 star in Tampa? The amenities that they show on the Hotwire listings, is that what is available?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

No, the hotels don't always show all amenities.

I'm wondering if I should just go for the 3 star on Hotwire for $59 or 3.5 star for $79, or keep bidding on Priceline, hoping to get a 3.5 star for less than the $79 they want on Hotwire.

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hi, tried yesterday for a 3.5 star for Apr 16-18/10. Started at $45, rejected, added downtown and upped it to $48, rejected. :) Today after 24 hours, bid 3.5* Westshore for $57 and bid accepted. :o Hotel is Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore. It has been recently renovated and is right beside a hotel I stayed a few years ago. Am happy with the area, hotel and price. I will update on how the hotel was after I return. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]