Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Hilton New York

RYLIE
By RYLIE,
in

Hi!

I recently booked a hotel thru Priceline and my bid was accepted. 147$ for hilton new york.

The only problem is, because of a family emergency, I cant go anymore.

I found a friend willing to take over my reservation instead of me, that way the hotel reservation wont go to waste.

Has anyone had this experience of wanting to change the name on the reservation?

Any problems with that?

Priceline said they couldnt change it.

Hilton said for them it was no problem at all, since everything was already paid for.

I am worried my friend will get there, and even if the reservation is under his name, the hotel will not accept his check in since my credit card was used to pay for the hotel.

Thanks!

Hi!

I recently booked a hotel thru Priceline and my bid was accepted. 147$ for hilton new york.

The only problem is, because of a family emergency, I cant go anymore.

I found a friend willing to take over my reservation instead of me, that way the hotel reservation wont go to waste.

Has anyone had this experience of wanting to change the name on the reservation?

Any problems with that?

Priceline said they couldnt change it.

Hilton said for them it was no problem at all, since everything was already paid for.

I am worried my friend will get there, and even if the reservation is under his name, the hotel will not accept his check in since my credit card was used to pay for the hotel.

Thanks!

I've had to do this before and as long as the hotel is Ok with it should not be a problem. Priceline doesn't have any say once the bid is accepted so it's up to the hotel. Just get the name of the person who you spoke with in case there is an issue when your friend shows up. I wouldn't worry about it though.

Hi

Actually your credit card was not used to pay the hotel. It was used to pay Priceline. Priceline then pays the hotel with one of their cards. That way if you happen to overbid, priceline pockets the difference.

So as long as the hotel is ok with it, there should not be a problem. I have done this several times. I have also added names to the reservation so that another person to check-in early. I've even had the reservation switched to a different day once or twice

Can you please share the details of this win so that it may benefit others?

k, I bid 125$ for May 22nd checking out May 24th, for a minimum 4 star in NYC

In the following zones:

central park south, downtown soho, empire state building area, midtown east, midtown west, time square

It got rejected, and said for 22$ more my bid would be accepted

Its the first time I use priceline, so I didnt know of all the strategies and hadnt read all the useful hep on this site.

Anyways, so I put in my bid 22$ more and I got the 4 star Hilton New York on Avenue of the Americas.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

PRICELINE's terms state no refunds, changes, or cancellations. However, if you're able to get the hotel to work with you, then ideally s/he won't any problems. The hotel will not likely change the name on the reservation from your name to his/her name, but as they've already agreed to work with you, they will likely simply add your friends name to the reservation as if s/he is a second guest in the room.

The hotel is paid by PRICELINE's credit card so the fact that you paid for the room with your credit card shouldn't be an issue (they don't even have a record of your credit card).. but your friend will need a credit card as well to cover any incidentals.

Not sure how you have left with this the hotel at this point, but hopefully you'll get as willing of a reception adding your friends name to the reservation as when you first called. If/when you get a clerk willing to accommodate adding your friend's name to the reservation, make note of their name and have your friend take it with him/her to the hotel so they can mention the person who agreed to it, should there be any problems.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]