Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-River North)

mt99808
By mt99808,
in

I've bid this all the way up in $1-3 increments from $70 to $85 and still being rejected. This seems to be nearing the upper area of other successful bids in here although at different times of the year. Is this a busy time of the year for Chicago? It's the Canadian Victoria Day weekend but the American holiday isn't until the following weekend. Would you normally have better success as you get closer to the date or is it my best option to continue with the $2 increments now until I find the best price?

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

This seems to be nearing the upper area of other successful bids in here although at different times of the year.
Rates are date specific. So you can't compare old rates with your upcoming stay.
Would you normally have better success as you get closer to the date
Sorry to say that there's no general answer to your question. Please read this link: Should i Bid Early or Close to Arrival Date

If you would like to get help with a bidding strategy so please post your budget/night, zone(s) you're willing to stay in and the rating for the hotel.

I hope this helps.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

I think I've indicated my zones and rating. I don't really have a budget ... basically my budget is as cheap as I can get a 4 star in the NMA-River North zone. I've used priceline many times before and usually have a good idea of where I'm going to land which i thought in this case would be in the $80ish range. Looks like I might be creeping towards $100. :)

This is a rather nasty period to try and get a hotel in Chicago - 5/22-25 is the National Restaurant Association convention, which (as far as I know) is the biggest convention of the year in the city. Shockingly, prices don't seem as awful as I'd expected for these dates (previous years have been TERRIBLE during this weekend), but it's going to take at least $100 for a 4*, if not higher.

What appears to be the Club Quarters Loop (a 3.5* in the Loop) is $79 on HOTWIRE.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The Club Quarters HOTWIRE listing mentioned above is no longer showing, but there is a 3* Mag Mile for $96. The River Hotel (which is in the same building as the Club Quarters Wacker) is $119 on Orbitz and the Central Loop Hotel (in the same building as the CQ Loop) is $105 on Orbitz, and coupon code FABSAVE10 takes 10% off either.

Again, this is definitely a tough weekend with the convention. Rates could easily continue upward and options no longer be available.

Otherwise, aside from the above, you could continue bidding higher on a 4* or try for a 3.5*.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Orbitz links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]