By captain_c,
in

Hi, I need help ID'ing a hotel.

Date: March 8th-March 9th (1 Night)

Rooms: 1

Adults: 1

Rate: $68

Amenities: Restaurant, Business Center, High-speed Internet Access

Hotwire Ratings: Recommended in 85% of customer reviews, Overall Satisfaction: 4.5

Does it matter, if I choose 2 Adults, and only one person stays (still not sure yet.) I found the rate changes to $65 from $68 if I choose "two adults" instead of one. I realise it could change the hotel all together, but it looks like the exact same place.

I'm thinking it may be the Portland Hilton and Towers. The Hilton website lists the hotel as 100% non-smoking which I want, but it does not show up on Hotwire.

Thanks for any help you can give. I am debating between staying here, or just driving a few hours to the city I have to be the next day, where that hotel works out to be the same amount.

Thanks

Does it matter, if I choose 2 Adults, and only one person stays (still not sure yet.) I found the rate changes to $65 from $68 if I choose "two adults" instead of one.
Not a problem booking for two and only one person shows up (but could be a problem if you book for only one person and show up with two). The rate change is more likely to do the variable mark-up HOTWIRE uses than an actual single/double occupancy price change from the hotel.
I'm thinking it may be the Portland Hilton and Towers. The Hilton website lists the hotel as 100% non-smoking which I want, but it does not show up on Hotwire.
Not all hotels show all the possible amenities offered... the biggest example of this is US based hotels which don't show a Hi-Speed Internet icon, yet this amenity is offered at just about all hotels in the United States.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, for you help, I booked on Hotwire, and got the Hilton.

When I went to go book the hotel, "fitness center" was added to the hotel amenities, and all the ratings were the same as before. Also the Trip Advisor rating of 3 1/2 was shown at the bottom of the page, which was not shown earlier in the week.

Hotel: Hilton Portland and Executive Tower

Date: March 8th - March 9th

Price: $65

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Thanks again, I'm going to recommend this site to everyone, and make sure they use the links at the top.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]