Priceline Hotel: 3* Trumbull-Milford (Bridgeport) Holiday Inn Conference Center

deejub
By deejub,
in

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm wondering if one can count on the Priceline map boundaries shown to be accurate. Here's why:

Looking at Trumbull - Milford (Bridgeport), 2/25-26. No other areas checked. Star options available are 3, 2 1/2, 2 and 1, so I would assume there must be at least 4 hotels in that zone.

But inside the boundaries shown for that zone, searching on every hotel site I can find, there are only two hotels, period: Holiday Inn and Conference Center (listed here as 3*) and Ramada Stratford (listed as 1* in Stratford-Milford, but it's definitely inside the Bridgeport zone as shown). The Comfort Suites - Stratford is barely outside the Bridgeport zone, by about two city blocks. There's definitely nothing else in Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity or Hotels.com, unless I have totally lost it.

Looking at sources other than booking sites, I find the Honeyspot Motor Lodge, which would be right on the boundary, listed with a couple of (very, very bad) 2009 reviews in Yahoo Travel, but not bookable. I also within the boundary find the New Stratford Motor Inn listed in the phone book, and mentioned in TripAdvisor, but again, not bookable on any of the web sites.

Am I missing something here?

Yes, you can trust that any hotel you receive thru PRICELINE will be within the designated boundaries of the zone.

There have been rare instances where a hotel was classified incorrectly, but users have received refunds once they were able to show PRICELINE that the hotel was outside the geographic boundaries of the zone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, never tested the hypothesis and solved the mystery, because what I got was one of the two I had found inside the zone:

$47 3* Holiday Inn And Conference Center Bridgeport [Trumbull - Milford (Bridgeport)], 2/25-26, via PRICELINE link here, of course. :)

As I can't change the title of this post and didn't want to leave it hanging, please edit and/or move as needed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]