Priceline Hotel: Newbie hopes to win Embassy S. Financial District

sharonbeth
By sharonbeth,
in

Hi there!

I've stayed at the Embassy Suites Financial District in the past and loved it. I would like to bid Priceline for a suite for 4 of us for Jan 29-30 2005 (a few days away!!). The online prices range from 170 for a prepaid room, to about 210 (pre taxes, etc).

I see that I can bid on that downtown district using priceline.

Any clues for me? Thank you very very much!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The problem, as i see it, is that you're looking for quad occupancy and priceline only guarantees double occupancy. This most likely won't be a problem if you get the Embassy Suites, but since you can't bid for a specific hotel, it could be a problem if you get a hotel other than the Embassy Suites.

Let us know your thoughts and how you want to play it and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the reply- I thought of the same thing too- and by your reply, I can tell that the "quad" issue is a stumbling block, so I think i'll just ask you to help me get some kind of a suite situation or if necessary, a nice big room in that general area.

We'll be meeting lots of friends at The Bowery Ballroom that night for music, and thought we would offer our extra space to out of town visitors.

Thanks for your kind advice! I'm glad i discovered this site!

The Embassy Suites is the best all-suite hotel in that area and the $170 rate is pretty good. HOTWIRE does have what appears to be the Embssy Suites for $164/nite, but after their fee i don't think you'll see any savings at all. However, as you're already going for quad occupancy, i'm not so sure how much extra space you would have for any other guests at any hotel (all-suite or otherwise)... NYC hotel rooms are notriously small.

The only other suggestion i could make is out of the area at the Beekman Tower were you can get a true 1BR suite for $119/nite and the REVIEWS are excellent. This would be a cab ride/subway ride from there you need to be and there is only one bed in the BR and a pullout sofa in the LR, but if you're other guests want to sleep on the floor you'll probaby have more square footage than you would at most other hotels.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]