Hotwire Hotel: 4* Phoenix (Scottsdale) FireSky Resort and Spa

slainy
By slainy,
in

Hi,

I'm new to bidding as I've never had much luck but it looks like Scottsdale has some good deals for a limited number of hotels.

I found this 4* resort for $129 and I was wondering if it is the Mondrian? (From reviews, it sounds like 4* is stretching it for mondrian, so I'm hesitant to book this but I don't see any other boutique hotels listed in Scottsdale.)

Amenities are:

Resort

Boutique

Pool

fitness

restaurant

golf

business center

high speed internet

tennis

spa

This is the only 4* and up option on HOTWIRE available under $200, probably cause of spring break? do you think I'll have better luck on PRICELINE since HOTWIRE only has this one option?

Thanks so much!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

HOTWIRE will only show one hotel at each star rating per zone (the hotel with the least expensive rate is the one shown), so the fact that this is the only 4* hotel offered is nothing unusual. This hotel has not yet been identified, but i don't think it's the Mondrian.

If you want to bid on PRICELINE, which zone(s) are you willing to accept, and what is your maximum bid?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You're right its not Mondrian its the FireSky Resort. It has higher tripadviser reviews although the pictures dont necessarily look better/worse.

I booked it but I feel like I screwed up. I forgot about the risk of not getting double beds and now we have 2 king beds. I called the hotel and asked if I could get queen beds...they put the request in for me for 2 adjacent queen rooms but there's no gaurantee since its hotwire. we're checking in so late (our flights get in 10pm friday late night) that I'm really concerned.

I am scared I screwed up my friend's bachelorette...any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

How many guests do you need per each room? How many did you include on your search?

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your future travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I put 2 adults per room, I thought we'd get adjacent rooms if I booked together but it looks like even that is unlikely. We are actually putting 7 people in 2 rooms, although at the time I booked I thought it was 6.

I wonder if anyone has had experience with hotels accomodating these requests for hotwire? Why is it for a hotwire booking the hotel can't confirm the room type even if the hotel rep is willing to? I told her we would pay extra and she said she could only put in a request

It just didn't occur to me we would get king rooms by default cause usually when I travel for work we stay at starwoods and its a fight to get the king beds. I guess its different since its a leisure hotel, and the queens actually cost more.

It's easier for a hotel to manage their room inventory when rooms will be assigned based upon what's available at check-in rather than pre-assigned. Your room is guaranteed for double occupancy since that is what you booked for... so the hotel prefers to be able to assign your room at check-in, so that they if they become full, they can 'float' your reservation and accommodate any new hotel direct reservations which need a specific room type.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]