Priceline Hotel: Please Help Charleston (Downtown) 04/15-04/18

Fokus17
By Fokus17,
in

Hello,

I am in need of some help. I am trying to get a hotel in The Charleston Downtown area through priceline. I need two rooms as another couple is going with us. I know all about the rebid process. I have been trying for over a month and this is my result.

4* up to $105 rejected

3.5* up to $105 rejected

3* up to $105 rejected

2.5* up to $85 rejected

We would like to get the highest star rating possible. I get nervous arounf the 2.5* level. The problem is our friends want to spend under or around $100. What do you suggest? Is is still to early to give up? Could the problem be the request for two rooms? Is something happening this weekend? Please give any advice or strategy you can.

Thanks,

Marcus

I'm guessing something's going on in the area on these dates (not sure what), as prices seem considerably higher than normal (quite a few 3*'s at $175-250+, 4*'s at $225-250+ regular rate) HOTWIRE prices are steep, with the 4* downtown at $229 and a 3.5* at $189. You could either combine in one room (a 2 doubles suite at the ES, perhaps) or go for a lower star rating.

Please use the site's Expedia, Orbitz, HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 6 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]